[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
• View topic - Crashing on Intercepted Bomb

It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:11 pm

Crashing on Intercepted Bomb

THE DUGOUT : Have a technical problem? Share it with the community.
  • Author

CoachBones

Crashing on Intercepted Bomb

PostMon Nov 03, 2014 6:36 pm

Just noticed that DB crashes to desktop when my opponent successfully intercepts a launched bomb. It could be a problem if it is a bug that effects everyone.

Context: in my game, it was an accurate launch to an empty adjacent square. The human catcher successfully intercepted it, the game froze, then crashed to desktop. I have only been in this situation once, so it may be a one-off, but will try again later.

CoachBones

Re: Crashing on Intercepted Bomb

PostMon Nov 03, 2014 6:47 pm

Nevermind - must have been a one-off. I set up a hotseat game to test and got no crash the second time.

CoachBones

PostTue Nov 04, 2014 8:38 pm

Just a note that it has crashed twice for me again, while playing the AI, so it seems the bug may be caused by the computer not being able to decide what to do with the bomb once it's caught?

Either way - that's 100% CTD when a bomb is intercepted against AI, but 0% during multiplayer.

CoachBones

PostWed Dec 31, 2014 2:24 am

The AI can now handle intercepting bombs no problem and I no longer get crash to desktops from the computer intercepting the bomb.

However there are still problems with the fix. I have seen on a few occasions the AI return impossible throws after it has caught or intercepted a bomb: through walls, long pass and long bomb throws, and one that was launched from multiple tackle zones and landed plumb on top of the ball carrier several rooms away!

Return to Technical Forum