[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
• View topic - BUG: Assassin Blitz, precarious, stab, LOOP

It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 1:10 am

BUG: Assassin Blitz, precarious, stab, LOOP

THE DUGOUT : Have a technical problem? Share it with the community.
  • Author

Nightworm

BUG: Assassin Blitz, precarious, stab, LOOP

PostThu Sep 06, 2012 6:35 pm

I just had a game go into an endless loop. I had an assassin blitz from a precarious position. when it asked me if i wanted to use stab I picked yes, then the window came up again. No matter how many times I clicked yes or even no it kept asking. Eventually the timer ran out and turnover happened. But then it started asking me if i wanted to use stab again with a 30 sec timer that kept reseting. Eventually my oponent DCed.

I also ran into a bug during team creation where a rat ogre was purchased and saved yet when teams show he wasnt there. No matter how many times I would go back and buy him then save he woudl disappear. It was the only big guy on the team so not sure what was going on there either.

douglowe

Re: BUG: Assassin Blitz, precarious, stab, LOOP

PostThu Sep 06, 2012 7:15 pm

ouch :?

Can you set Stab to be an automatic skill? Not an ideal option, but might make sure you don't get stuck in a loop (until Cyanide can fix it).

Nightworm

PostThu Sep 06, 2012 7:28 pm

I have seen 2 other bugs playing today:

Wardancer blitz one of my players and the block goes off like normal knocking my orc down but after the block resolves the wardancer never moved from original spot 7 squares away... this turned out to not be a big deal and really didnt affect he game.

Also I had an assassin sitting next to a portal. Orc ported in and tried to dodge away. I used shadowing and instead of him dodging into spot he ported randomly away and my assassin ended up ending move ontop of portal he was guarding.

douglowe

PostThu Sep 06, 2012 8:05 pm

Nightworm wrote:I have seen 2 other bugs playing today:

Wardancer blitz one of my players and the block goes off like normal knocking my orc down but after the block resolves the wardancer never moved from original spot 7 squares away... this turned out to not be a big deal and really didnt affect he game.

Also I had an assassin sitting next to a portal. Orc ported in and tried to dodge away. I used shadowing and instead of him dodging into spot he ported randomly away and my assassin ended up ending move ontop of portal he was guarding.

Have you got the replay files for these games?

Nightworm

PostThu Sep 06, 2012 10:22 pm

I didnt do anything special to preservew them but if its easy to upload somehow i will

Rogue

PostThu Sep 06, 2012 11:30 pm

Nightworm wrote:I didnt do anything special to preservew them but if its easy to upload somehow i will

On Windows 7, you go to C:\Users\<user>\Documents\DungeonBowl\Saves\Replays
Find the replay that relates to the problem game, based on start time.
Right-click the file and select Send To -> Compressed (zipped) folder
Upload the zip file to the forum as an attachment

Waldorf

PostFri Sep 07, 2012 10:35 am

Shadowing and portals. When you come to think of it, it was bound to be broken!

I bet Frenzying someone off a portal has issues too.

Rogue

PostFri Sep 07, 2012 2:07 pm

Waldorf wrote:I bet Frenzying someone off a portal has issues too.

Nope, the frenzy player follows up, hits the warp and gets warped. End of frenzy.

Waldorf

PostFri Sep 07, 2012 2:21 pm

Good to know.

Nightworm

PostFri Sep 07, 2012 6:22 pm

OK I can now confirm this is a SERIOUS bug. It has happened a second time though this time it was just a normal block not a blitz. Both times my assassin was in precarious position. When it asked it i wanted to stab i would hit yes then box would reappear and ask again. Same results as my first post.

I THINK AN EMERGENCY PATCH SOULD BE DONE RIGHT AWAY FOR THESE 2 ISSUES!!

1) Assassin /stab/precarious
2) Rat Ogre is not able to be added to our teams

This isnt like the horns/precarious where it just didnt work and we could live with it. This bug hangs up the game!!
Next

Return to Technical Forum