[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
• View topic - DB crashes with DLC

It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 4:44 am

DB crashes with DLC

THE DUGOUT : Have a technical problem? Share it with the community.
  • Author

thyrus88

DB crashes with DLC

PostSat May 11, 2013 2:13 pm

Hi,
I`ve been playing some DB and was working fine except when i clicked on the gold wizards it crashed. I then purchased the full dlc pack and installed it. I can access some of the teams but not others even though all are shown. When i try and play an opponent i get a message of one of the skins is missing and it crashed. I`ve looked into the folders and some of the skins files are not there. i`ve re-installed db and tried to re-install the dlc but when i click it install it then immediately says finished. It blatantly hasnt!
I`m installing of a very old link which i got back in summer 2012 not steam.
How can i get it to install properly without paying for a whole new game through steam which i dont want to do.

thanks

Reed

Re: DB crashes with DLC

PostSat May 11, 2013 6:08 pm

Have you also updated the game after installation to be the latest version? The Golden Wizards became available in a later patch and if that patch has not been installed that would explain the crash. There have been many patches after the initial release of the game.

The game should patch automatically, but the patches are also available here: http://downloads.cyanide-studio.com/dungeonbowl/

It might be that you have to install each patch separately, starting from the smallest version number and going up, even if you let it patch automatically. What I'm trying to say is, letting it patch only once is probably not enough. The current version number displayed on the bottom center of the start-up screen of the game is 1.0.1.2. If you don't see the same version number, you need to patch more. Also, I think it's not enough to just install the latest patch (db-update-11-0-1-2.exe), you need to install ALL of the patches -- and in the correct order. That's my guess, anyway, Ive never needed to completely reinstall the game. Does anyone have actual experience with this?

Also, I have the Steam version, so it probably automaticaly installs the up-to-date version anyway on re-install.

Warfish

PostTue May 14, 2013 1:32 am

Great post Reed. If all else fails, contact customer service, it's easier than you think. You can open a ticket on- line and they respond within w few hours during normal business hours. If you need more details on how open a ticket post here again and I'll help walk you through it. Hopefully Reed's advice works for you.
You don't greet death, you punch it repeatly in the throat as it drags you away. No Fear

thyrus88

PostWed May 15, 2013 7:34 pm

thanks all,

i tried re-installing again (doing nothing different to last time) and voila!! it now works fine with no problems!

anyway thanks for the help.

Return to Technical Forum