[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
• View topic - Game crashed on Stonehenge / opening chest with ball

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:02 pm

Game crashed on Stonehenge / opening chest with ball

THE DUGOUT : Have a technical problem? Share it with the community.
  • Author

Reed

Re: Game crashed on Stonehenge / opening chest with ball

PostTue Aug 12, 2014 9:45 pm

I managed to play a match against the AI on Insidious' "The Repository mk4" map. I uninstalled the game and reinstalled it again (Steam version). After that the map didn't crash the game any more. The latest patch probably didn't install properly earlier and this caused the map-related crashes.

What's strange is that I got the same map crash on another PC on which I updated the game just yesterday. There seems to be something going systematically wrong with the install of the latest patch.

I'll try the other maps and replays later which crashed earlier and see what happens now.

Reed

PostWed Aug 13, 2014 12:11 pm

Reed wrote:You can see the same happen if you watch the recent "Woodie / Reed" match (note: NOT the earlier "Reed / Woodie" match, that one was fine). If you watch the match until the end, your game will crash when the chest is opened.

I tried watching the replay mentioned above and the game crashed. The last two lines in CEGUI.log are
13/08/2014 13:01:18 (InfL1) ---- Successfully completed loading of GUI layout from 'Gui/Layouts/BlackBand.layout' ----
13/08/2014 13:01:54 (InfL1) Attempting to create Imageset 'RTTScene_00' with texture only.

By the way, yesterday I updated my graphics card drivers to the latest version (Nvidia GTX560M, 340.52) and also emptied the game cache at C:\Users\Reed\Documents\DungeonBowl\Cache. These did not fix the map crashes, the game uninstall and reinstall finally did that (pending further testing).

Reed

PostWed Aug 13, 2014 1:40 pm

Actually, it was not the reinstall which fixed the crash. I did some more debugging and the problem is with the Video setting "Pitch Details Level". If it is set to the left side (there are only two options) the game crashes if e.g. the new Cyanide "Stonehenge" map is chosen for the match.

The game crashes when it attempts to move to the phase when the players set up their starting player lineups on the map. The 3d preview of the map (the camera pans from several locations on the map) is shown correctly, but after that the crash happens.

In the file C:\Users\Reed\Documents\dungeonbowl\Config.xml
it is the line
<Options>
<Field>
<DetailsLevel>0</DetailsLevel>
which holds this value. If it is set to 0 the game crashes, if it is set to 1 the game works.

I tested this with the maps "The Repository mk4" and "Stonehenge". With "Pitch Details Level" set to the right hand side an Offline match could be successfully played on the maps. I'll test the other maps which gave me trouble earlier.

Reed

PostWed Aug 13, 2014 1:52 pm

Reed wrote:
Reed wrote:You can see the same happen if you watch the recent "Woodie / Reed" match (note: NOT the earlier "Reed / Woodie" match, that one was fine). If you watch the match until the end, your game will crash when the chest is opened.

I tried watching the replay mentioned above and the game crashed.

With the Video setting changed viewing the replay mentioned above no longer crashes the game. In the latest patch something was changed which causes this crash. It never happened before the last patch.

Reed

PostWed Aug 13, 2014 2:12 pm

An Offline match on "Swimming Pool" now worked ok.

I also tried an Offline match on the second PC I used for testing before and with the "Pitch Details Level" setting set on the right hand side the match worked OK on "The Repository mk4". I have not uninstalled and reinstalled the game on that PC. It is definitely the setting which is behind all the crashes.

Reed

PostWed Aug 13, 2014 2:43 pm

Trying an Offline match on "Time Square" worked ok. So did watching the previously crash-inducing replays of earlier matches on it and "Swimming Pool" (a second crashed match on Swimming Pool). Changing the setting has now cleared all map-related crashes I've seen so far.
Previous

Return to Technical Forum