[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
• View topic - Game crashed on Stonehenge / opening chest with ball

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:52 pm

Game crashed on Stonehenge / opening chest with ball

THE DUGOUT : Have a technical problem? Share it with the community.
  • Author

Reed

Game crashed on Stonehenge / opening chest with ball

PostWed Aug 06, 2014 12:56 pm

I just had a game crash on the Stonehenge map. The game stopped working when I opened the first chest of the match. The ball was revealed to be in it and then the game crashed.

You can see the same happen if you watch the recent "Woodie / Reed" match (note: NOT the earlier "Reed / Woodie" match, that one was fine). If you watch the match until the end, your game will crash when the chest is opened.

Cyanide, you might want to check if the map or the game has a bug. I don't know if the fact that Stonehenge only has four chests on it affects the crashing.

This was the third or fourth time since Knockout edition was published that I've had the game crash when a chest was opened. It strongly seems to me there is a new bug related to this in the game.

Reed

Re: Game crashed on Stonehenge / opening chest with ball

PostSat Aug 09, 2014 2:05 pm

I got another chest-opening crash with the first chest opened (it was empty), this time on Swimming Pool, another one of your new maps. I've had the same crash on it before. It has only five chests, maybe that has an effect on the bug.

You should remove these bugged maps as they can't be used. It's not nice to get a loss on a good team because of broken maps. Please also test your maps thoroughly before releasing them. At least open all of the chests at least once.
Last edited by Reed on Sat Aug 09, 2014 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Reed

PostSat Aug 09, 2014 2:22 pm

I checked my replays and in my previous match on Swimming Pool, it was opening the second chest which crashed the game, not the first. Something weird is definitely going on there.

Viewing the replay again crashed the game, too. So it seems it's definitely reproducible.

I had also played a second match on the same map that same day (30.6.2014) where we were able to finish the match normally. We did not open all of the chests on the map, though (in case the bug is triggered by opening a particular chest).

Hopefully you will run the replay from my first post with a debugger and find the reason for the crash.

Reed

PostSat Aug 09, 2014 9:02 pm

And again a crash on a new Cyanide map! This time Time Square. The game crashed before the map even finished loading. I you try watching the replay it will crash your game too. The match was "simonhat / Reed" (note: not the next one "Reed / simonhat", that one was ok -- on an old map).

That's the last time I'm accepting a match on one of the new Cyanide maps, six free wins for my opponents are enough.

Jolly Roger

PostMon Aug 11, 2014 10:24 am

Hi Reed,

Thank you for your reports.
Next time, can you use the Cyanide crash report window that pop-up when the game crashes? It will be easier for our support team to analyze what happened.

Reed

PostMon Aug 11, 2014 11:51 am

Hi Jolly!

I'm sorry, I don't know what that is. I've never seen a Cyanide crash report window. Do you mean the Windows crash reporting tool? Do you get the data it collects if I report the crash to Microsoft with the Windows crash tool? I could also send the game logs to you.

But like I said in my earlier posts, you should see the same problems by just replaying the problem matches, they crash my PC, at the least. Viewing the replays, I mean. I should think you would see more this way with your debugging tools than any other way.

Reed

PostMon Aug 11, 2014 12:17 pm

I viewed the replay of the "simonhat / Reed" match I mention is post #4. It crashed the game and the Windows problem reporting / solution searching tool came up. I let it run (no solution found) and then I also opened the Action Center and sent all of my archived Dungeonbowl crashes to Microsoft. Is this what you meant? Did you get the data from those crashes now?

Reed

PostMon Aug 11, 2014 12:37 pm

Here are the game logs from the replay viewing crash in my previous post.
Attachments
new cyanide map crash.zip
(15.67 KiB) Downloaded 904 times

Reed

PostMon Aug 11, 2014 12:46 pm

Here are the game logs from viewing the replay of the Swimming Pool match mentioned in the second post of this thread. Viewing the replay crashes the game for me.
Attachments
Swimming Pool replay crash.zip
(15.19 KiB) Downloaded 939 times

Reed

PostTue Aug 12, 2014 12:26 am

I and Insidious tried several times to play a league match on his "The Repository mk4" map. The game crashed every time after the map had loaded but before either coach got to choose their starting lineup of players. I inlude one set of the crash logs. I tried the map also on another PC (updated to latest Dungeonbowl version), it crashed there also. The same happens in Offline play if this map is chosen.

The last line in file DB000.log is
"Exit CStateMatchTossCreateResults".

The next two lines in a normal log are
"Release CStateMatchTossCreateResults
Init CStateMatchPlacementScene".

The last line in file CEGUI.log is
"Successfully completed loading of GUI layout from 'Gui/Layouts/BlackBand.layout'".

The next line in a normal log is
"Successfully completed loading of GUI layout from 'Gui/Layouts/Dungeon/Match/Placement/MatchPlacement.layout'"

So it seems the game crashes when it tries to "Release CStateMatchTossCreateResults" or somewhere near it when this map is used.

The map has worked fine before. The last time it was successfully used was June 8th, 2014. It seems to me the last patch broke something for some maps. Please fix this very soon! It is currently making play a crash lottery. You never know when the game program is going to die on you. For two years, this never happened like this (related to the maps).
Attachments
The Repository mk4 crash.zip
(12.5 KiB) Downloaded 954 times
Next

Return to Technical Forum