[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
• View topic - Bug - Fouling

It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 8:31 pm

Bug - Fouling

THE DUGOUT : Have a technical problem? Share it with the community.
  • Author

Chel

Bug - Fouling

PostFri Jun 01, 2012 3:37 am

I'm again unconvinced whether tis is a feature or a bug, so thought I'd throw it out there.

In the rulebook I can find no mention of fouling. As such, it must obey the standard BB rules.

However, I am aware that there is no ref in DB.

In my first game I performed a foul and was immediately ejected by the referee, no roll. Is this right, and is it how it should be handled? I was lucky enough to KO a blodger with a lineman, so it was worth it for me, but if fouls are automatic sending-off their value decreases drastically.

Can this be clarified please?
He Who Lives By The Sword has as strong a wrist as He Who Lives By Himself
- Wise Man Says

RobertJPowell

Re: Bug - Fouling

PostFri Jun 01, 2012 5:07 am

Confirmed here as well. Would like to know if this is working as intended.

douglowe

PostFri Jun 01, 2012 11:34 am

I've observed the same - a player rolled 1+2 (+1 for the assist) for the foul and got ejected by the ref.

Waldorf

PostFri Jun 01, 2012 11:39 am

I guess the next obvious question is... can the auto-sent off player be teleported back next turn?

douglowe

PostFri Jun 01, 2012 6:47 pm

They get sent to the dugout, along with the KO'd and injured players - but can be brought back to the reserve box by the magic sponge (at least some of the time anyway)

Waldorf

PostFri Jun 01, 2012 7:07 pm

Strikes me that the dugout/sponge screen is one of the most problematical at the moment. It is never clear who can be brought back and whether the serious injuries and deaths are legitimate targets for the sponge. I was quite surprised it brought back the dead. Lost in Space players need to be clearly labelled and the sponge rules verified. I don't think I've ever seen an injury carry over from a game. This could prove to be an issue of balance.

Return to Technical Forum