[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
• View topic - Team Value of teams with injured players

It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 2:06 am

Team Value of teams with injured players

THE DUGOUT : Have a technical problem? Share it with the community.
  • Author

coreboar

Team Value of teams with injured players

PostSun Jun 03, 2012 11:14 am

It doesn't look like players who MNG are having their team value subtracted from the team for the next match.

The 90000 for the Runner with pinched nerve hasn't been subtracted from the team value

overview.png
rerolls / fan factor
overview.png (324.21 KiB) Viewed 16023 times

roster.png
roster
roster.png (323.25 KiB) Viewed 16023 times

Loathian

Re: Team Value of teams with injured players

PostThu Jun 07, 2012 8:17 am

Hi,
Same thing happened to me and I finally figured out why. I believe the game is behaving correctly. When a team has less than 11 players for the next game, the team will get a free loner player for the game, so the team value is not decreased by the full amount of the missing player. Just by the portion that is higher than the free substitute player you'll get.

Does that make the math work?

Good luck and have fun!

Reed

PostFri Jul 13, 2012 11:41 pm

I have conflicting data. See here: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=533&p=2733#p2733

For me, the value of an MNG player was deducted normally from the team value. There was no journeyman substitution value included.

Paddywhack

PostSat Jul 14, 2012 5:17 pm

When I was having this issue, it didn't even show my value correctly from the manage window to the pre-game window. In manage, I showed a value around 1230 or so (which was just about right with the 'free' merc lineman. However, when I actually went to play the game, it showed my TV at 1430 in the pre-game window. Putting me at an extra disadvantage. This was after I lost 4 guys (dead) in one game. Once I was able to actually buy a new player (werewolf - 110tv) my TV pre-game actually dropped down to around 1230 again. Why would adding a new, more expensive player actually lower TV?

Looks like a bug to me. If it happens again I will take screen shots as now that I am good again, it seems fine.

(actually, I have to check - I have 2 that are going to miss next game).

edit: Yep, added up all my players as well as rerolls, apoth and fan factor (which is good for what in DB exactly? the DB rules say not to use it) and it equaled out to 1690 - just what it says my tv is. However, I have 2 guys that are missing the next game worth almost 200tv and their value should be subtracted from the total, but it isn't right now. Gonna go play a game and hope it shows correctly in the pre-game....

edit - it did not. I played at 1690, but was down 2 guys so really I was only at about 1490. After the game I had another 2 guys missing the next game (different guys and more expensive) and it still showed 1690. It wasn't till I leveled a guy up that my tv fixed itself. However, the guy that leveled up is also one that was injured and his amount was still not taken out after the level up, but at least I am only down about 70 points now instead of over 200 this time.

It seems like the game is not recalculating TV until certain triggers happen. Perhaps making it recalculate every time you go to manage team page and every time you enter matchmaking? That would hopefully solve the bug.

Reed

PostSat Jul 14, 2012 7:56 pm

That's some good intel, thanks!

Rogue

PostFri Jul 27, 2012 10:29 am

I have a new Grey team, which in it's debut match had a beastman killed by an evil Looney.

Now my TV is still at it's original value (980), even though I only have 10 players. Buying an extra beastman takes the team value to 1040 with 11 players, but this should be 980 (I cancelled the buy as I want to save for a Chaos Warrior).

I played a second match and my initial TV was 980, but then it added my journeyman (mercenary) beastman to take the TV to 1040 again. My opponent received inducements based on this higher value. After the match I am still at 980TV with 10 players.

With a dead player there is no option to fire them or wait for them to recover from their injury. Therefore I am stuck with a 60TV penalty to the TV with no way to remove it.

Gaixo

PostFri Jul 27, 2012 2:43 pm

Yep, this is a pretty major issue. I just gave up a free reroll to an opponent even though my team was the exact same value as his (even including my two journeymen).

Lomi

PostMon Jul 30, 2012 5:51 pm

Can confirm it is still happening. I lost a minotaur and my TV is around 140 higher than it should be (mino was skilled). this is actually around 10% of my total TV which will make next game even harder. Combined with the fact that I have ff 9 for another pointless 90 TV puts my TV 230 higher than it probably should be on a team rated at 1460 (I think I am not able to access the game atm) which is one hell of a chunk

Edit, just lost another 2 players in the next game and also have one missing (Chaos warrior and beastman killed, beastman missing.) What does my TV change too after that? TV 1450!

I calculate that it should be TV 1010. I just played a team that got 130k in inducements which was half the problem considering they actually had the better team in the first place and now I face the prospect of playing an even more unmatched game next. This is stupid! This is a basic error that should never be part of a released game, let alone a game that now has DLC. How can such a fundamental part of the game be wrong?

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/59472 ... DD40198CC/

Lomi

PostMon Jul 30, 2012 10:25 pm

To continue on this I notice that if i look at my manage team page it says I have 12 players at the bottom, and yet I only have 9!

Return to Technical Forum