[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
• View topic - Pick up and leap bug

It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 7:28 am

Pick up and leap bug

THE DUGOUT : Have a technical problem? Share it with the community.
  • Author

layers6036

Pick up and leap bug

PostSat Jun 09, 2012 6:06 pm

Hi i just played a game where my WD picked up the ball and then leapt immediately across a gap with the ball. Although my WD had definitely picked up the ball, unfortunately next turn my opponent saw the ball back in the original square and picked it up himself (very sporting). Please can someone check this.

juck101

Re: Pick up and leap bug

PostSun Jun 10, 2012 12:43 am

Wonder if the leap failed on the dice log?

MILLANDSON

PostSun Jun 10, 2012 4:38 am

Post the replay - it means that the devs won't have to play the game until they get the bug to happen, they can just check your replay to see what happened.

layers6036

PostSun Jun 10, 2012 11:48 am

Replay attached - I have watched it back and what happens is a WD blitzes an opponent then moves into the square with the ball on it and then leaps from that square. It appears the game rolls the leap and leaps out before it rolls for the pick up - the pick up is never attempted.

This occurs about 4 turns in, you'll see it one turn after the WD finds the ball

EDIT - the forum wont let me attach the replay, will email it to support. Any advice on how to post it?

Rogue

PostSun Jun 10, 2012 12:02 pm

Zip it up and then attach the replay.zip file to your post.

layers6036

PostSun Jun 10, 2012 11:00 pm

thanks - replay attached now
Attachments
Replay_2012-06-09_16-24-17.zip
leap &pick up bug
(47.38 KiB) Downloaded 865 times

Reed

PostSun Aug 19, 2012 11:06 am

I just tried this in Hot Seat and if you preprogram the move onto the ball and the immediate leap, the pickup never happens. If you first move onto the ball and let the pickup attempt happen and only then click the leap button, the pickup works normally.

Blitzing an opposing player or doing something else first with the Leap player has no effect on this bug. It's the preprogramming that causes it.

Return to Technical Forum