[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
• View topic - Team Value not reduced by injuries

It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 7:51 pm

Team Value not reduced by injuries

THE DUGOUT : Have a technical problem? Share it with the community.
  • Author

Lancaster Matt

Team Value not reduced by injuries

PostThu Jul 05, 2012 12:51 am

Today my Bright Wizard team had to take to the field without their Deathroller who was recovering in hospital.

Bad enough you might say...

However I was dismayed to find that was my TV was not reduced to compensate and I took to the field missing out on 180K of inducements.

Is this a common bug ..... or is it just me?

Reed

Re: Team Value not reduced by injuries

PostMon Jul 09, 2012 8:02 am

It's not just you. There are reports about it also on the French-language part of this forum.
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=442

Google translation:

TV problem (injured players that matter)

Nime the Old
Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:13 am

Injured players continue to have value in the team!

Frans
Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:27 pm

I found this bug on several occasions, here again the evidence (attached file)

So basically, I'm having a dancer and a war blitzeur less (170 110) for the next game, and my TV is always 1340 ... So basically, I'll make my match with 280K gold at least in the view ....

It is better that I do not play this team if I want to try to have a chance in bulk?

So here, 'still a bug to settle quickly in cyanide .

Attachments
DungeonBowl_2012-07-08_17-17-15_001.rar (151.89 KiB) Not yet downloaded
DungeonBowl_2012-07-08_17-17-18_001.rar (151.06 KiB) Not yet downloaded

Reed

PostMon Jul 09, 2012 11:05 am

Loukas from Cyanide has this to say in the French thread (machine translated):
Loukas wrote:Hello, I confirm this bug.
The TV may not be properly calculated after a game. It is updated on every transaction management that would take place then.
We will be updating quickly up to this point (it should be in the week).

Cordially.

Yay! This is a very bad bug for anyone who's had team injuries (and who hasn't in Dungeonbowl?) and it's great to see that it is addressed quickly.

Paddywhack

PostThu Jul 12, 2012 11:06 pm

I am still having this issue. Any word on a fix? I just lost 4 guys (dead) in one game and my TV is still lited at 1230. Can't play again, because I will be at a huge disadvantage. Please fix!

Wingtail

PostThu Jul 12, 2012 11:20 pm

I've had the same thing happen to me as well. First game played so I deleted the team but yeah it still didn't fix the value.

Reed

PostFri Jul 13, 2012 6:28 am

One of the players of my team Bad Conscience received a Miss Next Game injury in their last game. The team value is calculated correctly. The value of the player who will miss the game is subtracted from the total team value.

I wonder if this has to do with the fact that my team has 12 members? One missing still leaves a full team. I think someone said in another thread that the explanation might be that Dungeonbowl automatically adds the minimum value of journeymen (automatic replacements bringing the team back to 11 players) into the team value. This would show you the team value you will be playing your next game with and not the value of e.g. a 10-player team, which isn't really used for anything.

Coaches who currently have MNG-injured players in your teams, would this theory explain your current team value?

Reed

PostFri Jul 13, 2012 10:45 pm

Now another team of mine with 11 players got an MNG. The team value is still correct. The MNG player value is correctly deducted from the team value.

At the very least, the team value calculations are not always wrong when there are MNG players. Why they sometimes are incorrect, we haven't figured out yet.

This new data proves that the theory in the post above is not correct. We need to come up with another theory.

Paddywhack

PostSat Jul 14, 2012 4:39 pm

When I tried to figure out my value of 7 guys + 5 Mercs, I thought maybe it was correct, so I kept playing. However, once I had enough $ I bought a new Werewolf (110) and suddenly my TV went DOWN from 1430 to about 1260 (something like that anyway)?

How would adding a new, more expensive, player drop my TV that much? There has to be some kind of glitch.

Darkson

PostSun Jul 15, 2012 10:29 pm

5 mercs = 100K in excess of the same 5 players brought, as mercs cost an additional 20K more than the positional; even more if you gave the extra skills.

For example - 5 human linemen = 250K, 5 human lineman mercs = 350K, 5 human lineman mercs with 1 skill each = 450K.
I'd love to play Blood Bowl on the PC, but I want a FULL version, not some bugged, incomplete one.

Home of the ARBBL

Reed

PostSun Jul 15, 2012 10:39 pm

You seem to be misremembering the added costs. A mercenary actually costs 30k extra and an added skill for him costs a further 50k. Blood Bowl Competition Rules, printed page number 69, Inducement Descriptions, Unlimited Mercenaries.
Next

Return to Technical Forum