[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
• View topic - Minimap

It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 2:44 pm

Minimap

THE DUGOUT : Have a technical problem? Share it with the community.
  • Author

Reed

Minimap

PostThu Jul 05, 2012 2:22 am

In some ranked online matches of mine, the minimap never showed up. Is this map-dependent?

Is there some key that will bring it up if it's missing? M did nothing.

I have had this happen on at least three official maps, Rush was the latest one. I don't remember the others.

I would prefer to have the minimap visible on all maps. It helps in e.g orienting myself and finding out which opposing player is moving, as sometimes the (manual) camera is not on them at the time.

By the way, please change the minimap home team color to e.g. yellow. It is very hard to see the blue pixels on the green background.

Or maybe you could make it customisable, like the team uniform colours? That way even colourblind people could make it work for them. At least the pitch background and team colours would need to be customisable for this to work.

Reed

Re: Minimap

PostThu Jul 05, 2012 8:59 pm

Here's a screenshot from today's match on the Hellbowl map. As you can see, there's no minimap. Why?

Is it so that some maps do not have the minimap activated? I seem to recall that a match I played yesterday, also on Hellbowl didn't have the minimap either. Another match of mine today on Mice did have the minimap.

Have any of you noticed that sometimes the minimap is not there? Has anyone seen the minimap while playing on the Hellbowl map?
Attachments
DungeonBowl_2012-07-05_20-50-59_001_small.jpg
DungeonBowl_2012-07-05_20-50-59_001_small.jpg (129.95 KiB) Viewed 13431 times

Reed

PostSat Jul 07, 2012 2:55 am

The minimap was missing in two of my games today and present in one. On Catacombs II it was missing also for my opponent but on Outreach it was missing only for me, my opponent had it.

I attach the game logs. The log covers three games, the map was missing in the two last games. In the first one it was there, the map was Rush.

P.S. When I loaded the replay file for the Outreach game, the minimap did show up. The Catacombs II game replay always crashed Dungeonbowl before starting.
Attachments
logs.zip
(41.03 KiB) Downloaded 648 times

Reed

PostSat Jul 07, 2012 3:35 am

I noticed that even when the minimap is not visible, it works normally. If you press the left mouse button down on the area where it normally is, you can move the camera around. Even enlarging the minimap works as normal and makes the mouse-draggable area bigger until you make it smaller again.

It seems the problem is in just having the minimap graphics always display correctly.

Reed

PostSun Jul 08, 2012 10:34 am

Further experience has revealed that the missing minimap seems to be a random occurrence. I have had matches on maps that did not show the minimap in an earlier game but now do show it. I have watched replays of matches where I did have the minimap and it is now missing in the replay.

You can see whether the minimap will be there already at the beginning of the match, as the map is loading. Normally the minimap appears after a while on the loading screen. If it will be missing this time, it never appears on this screen. Maybe the error is in the minimap loading / initialisation / rendering?

You other players, have you noticed that the minimap is sometimes missing for you? I know some of my opponents have mentioned it to be missing.

douglowe

PostSun Jul 08, 2012 1:06 pm

I've noticed in a few games that the minimap is missing. As you say, it's fairly random when this occurs - also I have had the minimap reappear during a game. I've not tried using the minimap when it's not there though - I'll try that and see if it's useable for me too.

Reed

PostSun Jul 08, 2012 1:20 pm

douglowe wrote:also I have had the minimap reappear during a game.

Thanks for the info! Reappear? Wow, that has never happened to me.

If it happens again, could you please try to spot if there are any special circumstances at the time? A certain happening in the field, a certain menu you brought up, a key you pressed, alt-tabbing out of the game, anything that might help track down what is causing this. If you're so inclined, of course.

douglowe

PostSun Jul 08, 2012 4:09 pm

Sure thing - I'll try to keep an eye out for this - it does seem to be very random though, so don't hold your breath ;)

Waldorf

PostMon Jul 09, 2012 3:35 pm

I've had the same thing. Gone at start, miraculously back some unspecified time and trigger event later.

Return to Technical Forum