[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
• View topic - Coach names are not visible on the Inducement Resul [SOLVED]

It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 12:17 am

Coach names are not visible on the Inducement Resul [SOLVED]

THE DUGOUT : Have a technical problem? Share it with the community.
  • Author

Reed

Coach names are not visible on the Inducement Resul [SOLVED]

PostThu Jul 05, 2012 9:11 pm

Here's a screenshot from the Inducement Results screen. The coach names are only placeholders (*Home Coach* and *Away Coach*). The real names are nowhere to be seen.

During a match, the only way to see who you are playing with is if the opponent sends a chat message. Otherwise you can only see his name from the match lists after the match is finished. If the connection drops at the beginning, you can't see it even then (this has happened to me three times in two days).

Is this an intentional feature? It sure would be nice to know the coach name of your opponent straight from the beginning. Feels more human and comfortable that way.
Attachments
DungeonBowl_2012-07-05_20-47-48_001_small.jpg
DungeonBowl_2012-07-05_20-47-48_001_small.jpg (106.85 KiB) Viewed 10134 times
Last edited by Reed on Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

douglowe

Re: Coach names are not visible on the Inducement Results sc

PostThu Jul 05, 2012 9:40 pm

Don't know if the lack of coach names in the inducement screen is an error or not - but if you do want to find out the name of the opposing coach after the match you can check the list of recent games in the game foyer.

Darkson

PostFri Jul 06, 2012 9:21 am

*cough*
Reed wrote:Otherwise you can only see his name from the match lists after the match is finished. If the connection drops at the begining, you can't see it even then
*cough*
I'd love to play Blood Bowl on the PC, but I want a FULL version, not some bugged, incomplete one.

Home of the ARBBL

Rogue

PostFri Jul 06, 2012 11:12 am

You can also see the coaches names from within the game. Click their team name at the top of the screen, then you can see the coach name at the top. Switch to your team and you'll see your coach name there.

Doesn't help if they drop the connection before you get the dungeon loaded. Seems to be a common practise if you get mismatched TVs or the Rainbow team draws a high TV dwarf team to drop out before dungeon load.

douglowe

PostFri Jul 06, 2012 11:32 am

Darkson wrote:*cough*
Reed wrote:Otherwise you can only see his name from the match lists after the match is finished. If the connection drops at the begining, you can't see it even then
*cough*

Ahh, I'd missed that sentence in the original post - thanks for pointing it out.

Reed

PostSat Jul 07, 2012 2:33 am

Reed wrote:During a match, the only way to see who you are playing with is if the opponent sends a chat message.

Correction: The coach names are visible during the match when you click either team name, which reveals the list of players in reserve, dugout or on the pitch. The coach name is on the top of that screen.

In my view, this lessens the impact of the missing names to a great degree. Sorry I didn't notice this earlier.

EDIT: Also sorry I missed Rogue's post above saying the same thing. How that happened, I have no idea.

Reed

PostThu Jul 26, 2012 5:19 pm

The coach names were added in patch 11.0.0.5
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=632
Thanks, Cyanide!

Return to Technical Forum