[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
• View topic - Bug report: Strip Ball (does not work on teleport)

It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 6:48 am

Bug report: Strip Ball (does not work on teleport)

THE DUGOUT : Have a technical problem? Share it with the community.
  • Author

Deathwing

Bug report: Strip Ball (does not work on teleport)

PostThu Jul 12, 2012 12:42 am

I tackled the ball-carrier with a Wardancer with the Strip Ball skill and got a Push result. I pushed him back onto a teleport and he teleported with the ball - he did not drop it like he should have from the Strip Ball skill.

douglowe

Re: Bug report: Strip Ball (does not work on teleport)

PostThu Jul 12, 2012 11:04 am

Was this part of a blitz, and did you have to make a precarious position roll before the block too (I wonder if it's got the same causes as the bug with dauntless that I've seen)?

Also, could you upload the replay file for the match, so the dev's can have something to work from? ;)

Deathwing

PostThu Jul 12, 2012 11:49 am

How do I find and upload a replay file?

I cannot recall if there was a blitz/precarious position roll but I think not.

Deathwing

PostThu Jul 12, 2012 11:50 am

I am fairly certain there was no precarious position roll.

douglowe

PostThu Jul 12, 2012 2:32 pm

The replay files are stored in the directory: My Documents / Dungeonbowl / Saves / Replays
(or something similar to that - I'm not at my PC atm, so doing it from memory). They're named by date and time though, so if you can remember when the game was you'll be able to find the file, otherwise you should check the replays in game to see which it is.

Once you've found the file you can upload attachments to this forum - just zip it first.

Deathwing

PostThu Jul 12, 2012 8:46 pm

Tried to upload but get the error "The extension db is not allowed."

I posted about the error just after it happened so that should show me the right file to upload, but for some reason on the forum it says I joined as of today's date? Why does it not show the correct date/time for my posts?

Reed

PostFri Jul 13, 2012 2:09 pm

Deathwing wrote:Tried to upload but get the error "The extension db is not allowed."

The forum does not allow uploading .db files. That is why you need to pack the replay file into a so-called zip file (which is allowed) before uploading it. Here are some instructions:
http://windows.about.com/od/windowsforb ... SBSZip.htm

Hope this helps!
Why does it not show the correct date/time for my posts?

Maybe your timezone setting is incorrect. You can find it here (User Control Panel - Board preferences - Edit global settings - My timezone): ucp.php?i=prefs&mode=personal
You need to be logged in for the link to work.

Reed

PostSun Aug 19, 2012 10:50 am

I just tried this in Hot Seat and Strip Ball worked correctly when the opposing ball carrier was pushed onto a teleport. I tried both blitzing and blocking with the Strip Ball player and in both cases the skill worked correctly. Either there never was a bug or it has been fixed.

Tristelune

PostSun Aug 19, 2012 11:34 am

I remember pmcc says he working on.

Lestadt

PostSun Aug 19, 2012 1:08 pm

Are you sure the ball-carrier has not the "sure hands" skill?
Next

Return to Technical Forum