[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
• View topic - Lethal Trap rules not done correctly

It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 9:33 pm

Lethal Trap rules not done correctly

THE DUGOUT : Have a technical problem? Share it with the community.
  • Author

katadder

Lethal Trap rules not done correctly

PostSat Jul 14, 2012 11:36 am

the lethal traps are not as lethal as they are supposed to be.
supposed to be 1 is dead
2-5 is seriously injured.

however they currently work as a normal roll after breaking armour.

Bucc

Re: Lethal Trap rules not done correctly

PostSat Jul 14, 2012 12:38 pm

Which is probably a good thing. The other would be really harsh, at least there should be a lot fewer lethal traps then. BB has become a lot less deadly over the years from when DB was invented, so it makes sense to me that DB follows the same line.

But another thing with the traps bugs me. If you are Stunned, KO, or BH, after falling into a trap, you can be brought back in (after a use of Sponge for the KO+). That seems wrong to me. Once in a trap, you are out.

The consequence of the rules implementation, as is, is that it is better to push someone into a trap rather than do a defender down/defender stumbles, as that would cause potential injury roll on the safe traps, that players can reenter the pitch from. That is just simply wrong. I always dread when my opponents player gets KO'ed or BH in a trap, as I know that had he simply not broken armour he could not have reentered.

In short - the non-deadly traps are much more "deadly" (in the sense that players are much less likely to be able to reenter) compared to the deadly traps. It is just wrong.

Sorry for really bad explanation, I hope you understand where I am going.

Return to Technical Forum