[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
• View topic - Not being able to block after being chain ported

It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 1:34 pm

Not being able to block after being chain ported

THE DUGOUT : Have a technical problem? Share it with the community.
  • Author

douglowe

Re: Not being able to block after being chain ported

PostWed Jul 18, 2012 2:14 pm

Reed wrote:
my second instance was during my opponents' turn, not my own and I still couldn't blitz with the chain ported guy. That is definitely a bug. And yes, they are losing a square of movement, after a chain port, but again the rule says 'move' onto a pad

douglowe wrote:a chain teleport on your opponents turn shouldn't be affecting your players movement on your turn.

Why not? Other things that are done to your players still have an effect on your turn. Hypnotization, being blocked down etc. If we consider teleportation as an environmental effect, it does not seem so unreasonable that it will still be in force when your turn rolls around.

Besides, if you consider that turn-based gameplay is just an abstraction that can be thought to represent simultaneous action just cut into human-rules-processing-manageable chunks it makes even more sense that teleportation is teleportation and will make the player lose one move, and she will be considered having moved. Which makes sense as she's now in a completely different place.

I'm not actually trying to argue that this interpretation is better or should take precedence. My point is just that the issue isn't necessarily so clear-cut and you can argue it both ways.

Hmm - in this case I think there is really only one way that it can be argued which fits with the general design of the bloodbowl game.

There's no actions which occur in your opponents turn which affect your players actions in your turn outside of being knocked-down or hypnotised (and being hypnotised just means that you've no tackle zone until your player is activated), so having being teleported in your opponents turn stop your player from performing a block does not fit with the game system. This is especially true as there are other effects of being teleported (such as risking injury) which are limited to each individual game turn already.

Reed

Re: Not being able to block after being chain ported

PostWed Jul 18, 2012 5:13 pm

That's a good argument, Doug! So, a bug, then. Cyanide haven't taken into account whether a chain teleport occurs in your or your opponents turn. Currently it has the same effects regardless, but it actually shouldn't.
Previous

Return to Technical Forum