[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
• View topic - BUG: Chain push into wall uses pit rules?

It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 6:25 pm

BUG: Chain push into wall uses pit rules?

THE DUGOUT : Have a technical problem? Share it with the community.
  • Author

douglowe

BUG: Chain push into wall uses pit rules?

PostFri Jul 20, 2012 8:16 pm

Had a weird string of events in a game this evening.

On turn 13 my wardancer blocks a dwarf runner who's holding the ball. I get defender down, which I select. All 3 squares behind him are filled with players, and behind them all are walls - so no-one can get pushed anywhere. The game still asks me to select a destination to push him though - so I select to push him into my opponents werewolf (and I elect to follow up). The dwarf falls over where he is, and is injured (I think - or KO'd, not sure which) - but I don't think there was any roll for armour. The ball bounces once, over to the werewolf - but teleports out (as if it had fallen into a pit?) and reappears at a teleporter pad.

Possibly the game somehow switched to treating the push event as a push into pit event?
Attachments
Replay_2012-07-20_16-45-36.zip
(68.39 KiB) Downloaded 552 times

Reed

Re: BUG: Chain push into wall uses pit rules?

PostFri Aug 03, 2012 7:27 am

I had a somewhat similar bug in a match yesterday. I blitzed a player next to a wall with players blocking the squares he could otherwise have been pushed to and he was pushed into the wall. He was stunned and teleported out like if he had fallen into a pit. The block result was "Defender down" and my player did not follow up.

I've attached the replay. The bug happens on turn 7 of Phoenix Risen when about 1 minute is left on the clock. A Troll Slayer is pushed inside a wall. This happened on the Hellbowl map. Here's a screenshot with the fallen Troll Slayer outline visible inside a wall corner right before he teleported out.
Attachments
Blocked_into_wall_small.jpg
Blocked_into_wall_small.jpg (113.05 KiB) Viewed 7382 times
Blocked_into_a_wall_replay.zip
(48.84 KiB) Downloaded 596 times

Gaixo

PostFri Aug 03, 2012 1:09 pm

Yeah, that happened in my very first game of DB, and several times since. I sort of assumed it was intentional, as a way to "clean up" overly crowded bottlenecks.

douglowe

PostFri Aug 03, 2012 6:39 pm

It would be great if it was intended for clearing up bottlenecks, but I suspect it's a bug instead ;)

douglowe

PostFri Aug 03, 2012 6:42 pm

And - to make sure that all relevant threads are cross linked - kat adder's encountered the same issue too: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=674

Return to Technical Forum