[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
• View topic - The in-game player list links point to wrong players

It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 12:35 am

The in-game player list links point to wrong players

THE DUGOUT : Have a technical problem? Share it with the community.
  • Author

Reed

The in-game player list links point to wrong players

PostSat Jul 21, 2012 8:09 am

You can press the K key during a match to bring up a helpful list of your players. When you click a name that player is selected. The problem is, it's often (always?) the wrong player who's selected.

The links from the names point to wrong players or the names on the links are wrong. Speculation: It's maybe a player array iteration error and possibly related to the player game startup setup problem that's been around a long time already in Blood Bowl (and is still in effect in Dungeonbowl, but that's another bug report).

This needs to be tested more to know how frequently and under what conditions this occurs, but very often (always?) when I click a player name on the list I get a wrong result, a totally different player with a different name. I've pretty much stopped trying to use it because of this.

This is bad because when you need the list most and what it is most useful for is getting quickly to your last one or two unused players when the turn timer is running out. At that point you really can't afford to fumble around and try to locate them or have the game camera jump into the wrong place.

If the links worked correctly, they would be a great help for the coach. The link colours already are as they show who has already acted that turn and who hasn't, but it could be so much better still.

Return to Technical Forum