[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
• View topic - Changelog: Patch 11.0.0.5

It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 9:46 pm

Changelog: Patch 11.0.0.5

THE DUGOUT : Have a technical problem? Share it with the community.
  • Author

Gaixo

Re: Changelog: Patch 11.0.0.5

PostThu Jul 26, 2012 3:07 am

Captain Blaster wrote:Where is the problem with the deathroller, let the deathroller be the deathroller!!! The only thing that really fits is imo take away secretweapon and let him cost +30K.

Where do you get 30k? The price should go up at least 100,000, as that's the minimum potential price to have it play a (nearly) full game of Blood Bowl (i.e. the price of a bribe).

Rogue

PostThu Jul 26, 2012 8:16 am

Can we get some idea of the timeframe to get some other key bugs fixed, such as lethal traps not working if a player gets KO/Badly Hurt injury result? Team TV to be correctly totalled to allow for missing/injured players?

Great news about the Ref being back in the game.

katadder

PostThu Jul 26, 2012 8:31 am

so with a ref back in the dungeon i can just have some fallen players block the way through chokepoints and hope you roll doubles before injuring me.

Reed

PostThu Jul 26, 2012 9:35 am

Yup. Fallen players become quite powerful tools now. I was able to totally neutralize a Death Roller in my last match with a knocked-out player.

Silmael

PostThu Jul 26, 2012 9:39 am

About the DLC, as we told it will be available today. There will be a patch before every DLC because the data for these DLC are not implemented in the game yet. If we don't do this patch allowing each of you to, at least, see the players, playing against someone who purchased the DLC when you didn't wouldn't be possible. So please, wait a little more for the DLC, I don't know at what time exactly, but it will be released today.

Captain Blaster

PostThu Jul 26, 2012 2:37 pm

Gaixo wrote:
Captain Blaster wrote:Where is the problem with the deathroller, let the deathroller be the deathroller!!! The only thing that really fits is imo take away secretweapon and let him cost +30K.

Where do you get 30k? The price should go up at least 100,000, as that's the minimum potential price to have it play a (nearly) full game of Blood Bowl (i.e. the price of a bribe).

I am not sure how good you know this game, but the cost of players is just counted out. You take an Human Lino (Cost 50K) substract and add differences in attributs (as normal Att up or down), positiv (as normal skilling) and negativ skills (-30K), if you do so, you will find out, that the deathroller would cost 150K. He cost right now 160K, what is OK, cause of his dominating strength. In some races and positions, there are some exceptions. But mostly it is done this way to find out cost of players.

So taking away secret weapon would mean, that he costs 30K more. Easy, or not?

Edit: This change can also be performed for the gobbos secret weapons.

Gaixo

PostThu Jul 26, 2012 4:10 pm

I think I know it fairly well. :) Well enough to know that Secret Weapon is not a normal negative skill.

Pick any Star Player with Secret Weapon. Any of them. Add 30,000 and see if that looks like a fair price to use the player for the full game.

Let's take a specific example. Zzharg Madeye. Based on a Chaos Dwarf (70,000). He loses Block, but gains a point of STR and a point of AG, as well as two regular skills and two double skills. He costs 90,000. Using your method, he should cost 180,000. (70,000-80,000+190,000). But, you know, you can usually only use him for half of the game at best, so his price is vastly discounted.

Captain Blaster

PostThu Jul 26, 2012 7:27 pm

Gaixo wrote:I think I know it fairly well. :) Well enough to know that Secret Weapon is not a normal negative skill.

Pick any Star Player with Secret Weapon. Any of them. Add 30,000 and see if that looks like a fair price to use the player for the full game.

Let's take a specific example. Zzharg Madeye. Based on a Chaos Dwarf (70,000). He loses Block, but gains a point of STR and a point of AG, as well as two regular skills and two double skills. He costs 90,000. Using your method, he should cost 180,000. (70,000-80,000+190,000). But, you know, you can usually only use him for half of the game at best, so his price is vastly discounted.

Captain Blaster wrote:In some races and positions, there are some exceptions. But mostly it is done this way to find out cost of players.

And for Starplayers! there seems to be other criteria anyway, cause not all starplayers costs can be counted like this.

And if this is not bad enough there are different calculating mecanisms
Older one
http://www.midgardbb.com/NewBBTeamBuildingGuide.html

Kind of "offical one"
http://www.wargamesunlimited.net/bloodb ... rcost.html

Kind of new one
http://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpB ... ic&t=20129

With none of this methods you will reach 160K for the Deathroller, btw there is also a possibilty to play the DR for a whole BB match for no cost. If you roll a bribe on the kick-off table and make 1st half turn 8 defensive TD. OK OK, this happens not so often, but in DB it's impossible.

I have no probs to talk about costs, i think it's rather possible to make the DR cost +50K, but 100K is a little too much.

Cheers
Captain Blaster

Lembocha

PostThu Jul 26, 2012 9:05 pm

Hi, mi internet was disconnected before the automatic update finished. Now I can enter the game but the update option is not available. Do I need a fresh install?

Lembocha

PostSat Jul 28, 2012 3:16 am

Nevermind, I reinstalled the game.
Previous

Return to Technical Forum