[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
• View topic - Servers kicked me off mid-game

It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 3:33 pm

Servers kicked me off mid-game

THE DUGOUT : Have a technical problem? Share it with the community.
  • Author

Gaixo

Servers kicked me off mid-game

PostMon Jul 30, 2012 8:29 pm

I was playing a game, and having just stolen the ball and likely secured a win, I received a message that the connection is lost. I tabbed away from the program and confirmed that I still had network connectivity. After failing to respond for some time, the program kicked me out to the program's login screen. It then would not allow me to log in once more. After about thirty seconds, I was allowed to connect and discover that the game is ruled a mutual disconnect. No fault, evidently?

Why would a game drop in this way? When I returned it seemed that all other games were still ongoing. Is it wrong to suspect an exploit? It is just the timing of the disconnect, as my opponent had just finished expressing a bit of poor sportsmanship.

Gaixo

Re: Servers kicked me off mid-game

PostTue Jul 31, 2012 6:21 pm

Well, just in case there's any follow-up, I've attached the replay.
Attachments
Replay_2012-07-30_13-23-40.zip
(60.2 KiB) Downloaded 528 times

DeToX86

PostWed Aug 01, 2012 7:01 pm

Would not be surprised. It still exists in BB and they have expressed little to no interest in fixing it. Hopefully we get league tools soon.

Norc'arolina Pirates

PostFri Aug 03, 2012 7:48 pm

Fuck dungeonbowl I'm out... and I'm not recommending this game to anyone. My internet is fine and yet I get disconnected midmatch 1 out of 3 games... fix your shit.

katadder

PostFri Aug 03, 2012 8:22 pm

agreed about connection problems. another game lost when I had 12 players on the pitch all due to a loss of connection to the game whilst my internet is running fine.

Return to Technical Forum