[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
• View topic - Trouble connecting to host.

It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 10:42 pm

Trouble connecting to host.

THE DUGOUT : Have a technical problem? Share it with the community.
  • Author

Reaper

Trouble connecting to host.

PostMon Jul 30, 2012 10:53 pm

When ever i try to get a game going, i get this message.

Please check with the host that the port 16962 is open on his or her firewall(s).
[22:48:29] SYSTEM : Establishing connection with host, please wait.

Does anyone else get this? And what can you do about it? I get that Cyanide couldnt be bothered to make a single player option (I could be wrong...maybe its coming as DLC i have to pay EXTRA for). And i get that Cyanide couldnt be bothered to put up dedicated servers (again...maybe its coming as DLC).
But is Cyanide doing anything to adress this problem?

So far i just feel conned for 20 bucks. Its bad enough that i payed for a game, and then had to fork over extra for the entire game (all the colleges). But it would be swell to actually PLAY the game....

Reed

Re: Trouble connecting to host.

PostTue Jul 31, 2012 1:10 pm

Have you opened up the port with that number on your own firewall? The game will not work if you haven't.

The game works peer-to-peer and uses that port to connect the two players' computers and also your computer to the Cyanide server used at the start and end of the match (to find another player and to report the match results).

katadder

PostTue Jul 31, 2012 1:51 pm

thing is this can happen randomly. have had this error message come up for both me and my opponent before yet have played dozens of games no problem at all

Reaper

PostTue Jul 31, 2012 4:51 pm

Havent got a clue how to open a port.

On a different note, i usually play a couple of games. Then when it gets crowded the error message comes up. Ive read somewhere that its an error that occours when servers are full..in which case im even more miffed at Cyanide...

Reed

PostTue Jul 31, 2012 7:06 pm

This site could help with opening the port, also called port forwarding:
http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/

Reed

PostWed Aug 01, 2012 8:03 am

Also, in Blood Bowl (which uses the same port) I've noticed that sometimes you can get a game even if your port is not opened/forwarded. I don't know how it can work sometimes with a closed port.

Maybe the connection failing thing when more players are online is because you might run a bigger chance of getting someone who hasn't opened their port then as probably not everyone has. The problem might really be at the other end.

Return to Technical Forum