[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
• View topic - GFI Blitz on Chainsaw

It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 2:09 pm

GFI Blitz on Chainsaw

THE DUGOUT : Have a technical problem? Share it with the community.
  • Author

A-r-c-h-o-n

GFI Blitz on Chainsaw

PostFri Aug 03, 2012 10:38 am

Hi!

I tried to blitz a looney (edit: note - not WITH a looney, but against it), but needed 2 gfi-rolls to do so. The second roll failed and the CW felt down. But when looking at the log, the Chainsaw was applied when he made an armor-roll if he gets injured. Since the GFI does have nothing to do with the chainsaw (its not a block or blitz-action), I think the +3 modifier should not be applied in such a case.

For better understanding see the situation.
Last edited by A-r-c-h-o-n on Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tristelune

Re: GFI Blitz on Chainsaw

PostFri Aug 03, 2012 10:44 am

The +3 is applied only if you fell down on a block (skull or powskull on the result of the block).

A-r-c-h-o-n

PostFri Aug 03, 2012 10:45 am

As said (and can be seen) I felt down on the gfi...

Rogue

PostFri Aug 03, 2012 12:27 pm

I've seen the same behavior in a hot seat game. The chainsaw should not have an impact until the looney is actually involved in the block.

katadder

PostFri Aug 03, 2012 12:30 pm

the chainsaw also seems to be involved if you fail a dodge away from the looney as I had one of my beastmen chainsawed when otherwise he would have been ok.

Darkson

PostFri Aug 03, 2012 1:21 pm

The OP and the follow-up post from Tristien and Rogue are incorrect. As per the Chainsaw rules, any Knockdown on the chainsaw player adds the +3. A failed GFI means the players is Knocked Down (from the GFI rule).
So it's being applied correctly.

Can't comment on katadder's post, but the OP is NO BUG.
I'd love to play Blood Bowl on the PC, but I want a FULL version, not some bugged, incomplete one.

Home of the ARBBL

katadder

PostFri Aug 03, 2012 1:31 pm

darkson, think they were saying it was someone going to blitz the looney, on their GFI as they were next to the looney they got the +3 against them

A-r-c-h-o-n

PostFri Aug 03, 2012 2:03 pm

Yes, MY player was the ChaosWarrior. The CW failed the GFI, felt over (next to a looney) and "suddenly" had a +3 modifier.
The knockdown was completly in no connection to the looney at that point and would have happend at any other field as well.

The rule you are mentioning is about the player with the "chainsaw"-skill, that has to apply the +3, when HE is knocked down (what totaly makes sense - he is "handling" a chainsaw while doing so).

Darkson

PostFri Aug 03, 2012 2:06 pm

Whoops! My mistake! That'll teach me to read for us while watching the Olympics. :oops:

Anyone tried that vs. a Chainsaw in BB? Might help them locate the bug if they know if it happens in one or both versions of the code.
I'd love to play Blood Bowl on the PC, but I want a FULL version, not some bugged, incomplete one.

Home of the ARBBL

katadder

PostFri Aug 03, 2012 2:20 pm

bug basically seems to be try anything near a chainsaw that results in you falling down and the chainsaw works against you.
on a side note i have noticed players with mighty blow apply it to their own armour when opening exploding chests, new bug report i guess
Next

Return to Technical Forum