[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
• View topic - Changelog: Patch 11.0.0.6

It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 6:01 pm

Changelog: Patch 11.0.0.6

THE DUGOUT : Have a technical problem? Share it with the community.
  • Author

douglowe

Re: Changelog: Patch 11.0.0.6

PostThu Aug 16, 2012 2:10 pm

Indeed. Thanks for your advice, I've taken it on board and will have a good think about it. If I decide to follow it I'll let you know.

Gaixo

PostThu Aug 16, 2012 2:22 pm

I can't believe they deleted a post in which I suggested that Cyanide might not have time to completely rewrite and playtest new rosters, but Blaster's incoherent rage is fair play. There are no laws in the tech forum!

Captain Blaster

PostFri Aug 17, 2012 6:14 pm

Gaixo wrote:I can't believe they deleted a post in which I suggested that Cyanide might not have time to completely rewrite and playtest new rosters, but Blaster's incoherent rage is fair play. There are no laws in the tech forum!

Hey Geixo,
sorry for my rage, but someone has to.
What kind of consumers are we? Most of the members seems to be guys, who go to the supermarket, buy a chocolate box, go home, open it but there is only poo inside the box, they still eat it and say delicious.
I'am not such a consumer!!!
Look:
I play BB (maybe the best game I know) for a looooooooong time. So when the PC game comes out, I was realy happy. OF COURSE I bought this game and OF COURSE BBLE. So, I spend money. This game is still so buged (after 4 years!!!), that you can't call it BB. Maybe it should be called "a game similar to BB".

Than Game of Thrones the strategy game came out. 2 reasons for me to buy it. But the disapointment was big. I can't find words to explain how bad this game is made. So, again wasted money for nothing.

Now this incapable company brings out DB, but none of them realy made any thinkings about the game, no one realised that the rules of Jarvis base on an older version of BB and the platform they made is for the last BB version. How blind can a WHOLE company be? And again money wasted.

So this company takes money for a not working software. For me this is a fair swindle!!!

Normaly it is the DUTY of every single member to be in rage and the community must stick together to change the situation.

But no, there are still guys who say: "Cyanide you fixed one bug, but created three new ones, THANK YOU!" or "Cyanide you make decision that completly changes the idea of the game, without asking or discussing it with the community, GREAT JOB!"

Sorry I can't understand that.

Gaixo

PostFri Aug 17, 2012 6:55 pm

Oh, I get it. I gave up on PC BB quite a while back, and I'm pretty close with DB as well. It's definitely frustrating.

I just think there are better ways than attacking those who aren't quite as disenfranchised.

douglowe

PostFri Aug 17, 2012 7:06 pm

Captain Blaster wrote:Normaly it is the DUTY of every single member to be in rage and the community must stick together to change the situation.

But no, there are still guys who say: "Cyanide you fixed one bug, but created three new ones, THANK YOU!" or "Cyanide you make decision that completly changes the idea of the game, without asking or discussing it with the community, GREAT JOB!"

Sorry I can't understand that.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions - if everyone thought the same there would be no point in having discussion forums, as there would be nothing to discuss. And just because you don't like Cyanide's implementation of Dungeon Bowl it doesn't mean that *everyone* else automatically has to dislike it too.

Sure the game isn't perfect - but Cyanide have made a decent job out of cobbling together a game out of the different rules books. If you don't like what they've made then go and make your own version of the game - I'm sure that there'll be guys at FUMBBL who'll like the idea of adapting their java client for dungeon bowl. Then you can make sure the rules are exactly what you think they should be.

Captain Blaster

PostFri Aug 17, 2012 9:38 pm

douglowe wrote:Sure the game isn't perfect

And why not?
douglowe wrote:but Cyanide have made a decent job out of cobbling together a game out of the different rules books

Which different rule BOOKS? Its only 1 rule book and 4 pages of "special" rules. How hard can that be. They had the teams, the platform everything was there to give the game a nearly perfect start.

Did anybody told you, what you say is just senseless? Oh yes I remember, I said it to you. But it seems there was no free synapse to save this information.............

Gaixo wrote:Oh, I get it. I gave up on PC BB quite a while back, and I'm pretty close with DB as well. It's definitely frustrating.

I just think there are better ways than attacking those who aren't quite as disenfranchised.

And whom do you mean with disenfranchised?

douglowe

PostSat Aug 18, 2012 12:49 am

Captain Blaster wrote:
douglowe wrote:Sure the game isn't perfect

And why not?
douglowe wrote:but Cyanide have made a decent job out of cobbling together a game out of the different rules books

Which different rule BOOKS? Its only 1 rule book and 4 pages of "special" rules. How hard can that be. They had the teams, the platform everything was there to give the game a nearly perfect start.

Everything is not in place for a perfect start on the dungeonbowl game. For a start the 4 pages of special rules don't cover every situation - there are many gaps between them and the CRP which need filling. Ideally this would be done by a committee similar to the one which produced the CRP, based on many years play-testing different options for the rules, so that the end result is a balanced game which plays as well as the CRP does. Even those rules which are covered in the 4 pages of special rules are not perfect - for example the rules for leaping (which Cyanide haven't implemented yet) are not particularly well thought out, and need tweaking (at best); and the team rosters need balancing (i.e. players like the deathroller need improving) - so the committee designing a proper dungeonbowl game would have to go through the special rules, as well as the original CRP, to make sure everything is coherent.

This, of course, would take a year (or more) to do - so instead Cyanide cobbled the game together out of the CRP and the 4 pages of special rules. They did a decent job - yes there are bugs, but the game is still playable. Yes, the game is not as satisfying for long term play as blood bowl - but this is because the rules are not great and need improvement, which is Games Workshop's responsibility, not Cyanide's.

Darkfang

PostThu Aug 30, 2012 1:10 am

Hi,

Where do I get the update ???? I started the autorun.exe "as Admin" on win7 and no prompt for an update. I also looked on the web site and i can't find a link to download the patch...

Jolly Roger

PostThu Aug 30, 2012 3:23 pm

Hi Darkfang,

The update should be automatic. But if it's not the case, you can download the last patch here: http://downloads.cyanide-studio.com/dun ... -0-0-6.exe
;)
Previous

Return to Technical Forum