[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
• View topic - Changelog: Patch 11.0.0.6

It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 1:39 am

Changelog: Patch 11.0.0.6

THE DUGOUT : Have a technical problem? Share it with the community.
  • Author

smoked_g60

Re: Changelog: Patch 11.0.0.6

PostFri Aug 10, 2012 4:34 am

Brihaspati wrote:Your persistence in the pursuit of Truth and Justice is appreciated, my friend. I'm more of a pragmatist, though, and "politics is the art of the possible", as they say. I would love to see the DR gone and I have even made my own proposal to adapt the Secret Weapon rule to Dungeonbowl. None of that seems to have a snowflake's chance in hell of being implemented, unfortunately. That's why I'm throwing the new idea of regarding the DR as two Big Guys into the room.

Another exercise in futility, in all likelihood. Politics is the art of the possible, and as artists its seems we can only work with a fairly limited palette :lol:

Ok now that I''ve calmed down a bit I can respond civilly. I admit that having 4 big guys on the grey teams seemed a bit much. However, a much larger problem esp on narrow maps is the deathroller. I'd support the idea brihaspati brought forward, as it seems doable without changing rosters, and a decent compromise.

Meltyman

PostFri Aug 10, 2012 12:19 pm

limiting big guys only does you guys a favor ;)

big guys only lose games.

PS: Deathroller to me is op only in few maps (that should be removed anyhow), otherwise it is counterable. Still i don't find it wise to have two teams with the deathroller option. Rather take out deathroller from humanbased team and keep the roller on dwarfbased.

DaGaffa

PostFri Aug 10, 2012 10:23 pm

On the plus side, can now name players, so I'm happy.
Ta, Dungeonbowl galley slaves!

douglowe

PostMon Aug 13, 2012 7:59 pm

Captain Blaster wrote:
douglowe wrote:It was not an essay on what the dungeon bowl rules *could* be for 3rd Ed - it was so far from being complete that I don't think we can criticize cyanide for creating their own interpretation of what the rules should be
GW is informed, asskicks will follow :D

Any chance of you using a little less swearing & bigotry?

The bugs we should criticizes cyanide for; the rules *interpretations* we should discuss, and suggest alternatives where we think it could be improved, but we shouldn't criticize them for making these in the first place.

Also, I'm surprised that you've so much faith in GW fixing the game - given that most of the interest in bloodbowl and dungeonbowl from GW comes from their legal and finance departments I don't expect them to release a proper set of rules for dungeonbowl anytime soon.

Captain Blaster

PostTue Aug 14, 2012 11:23 am

douglowe wrote:Any chance of you using a little less swearing & bigotry?

Nope
douglowe wrote:The bugs we should criticizes cyanide for

Then start it
douglowe wrote:the rules *interpretations* we should discuss, and suggest alternatives where we think it could be improved, but we shouldn't criticize them for making these in the first place.

1. Rules are Rules, nothing to be interpretate.
2. Cyanide makes what he wants, without asking or informing the community 1st.
So I don't get your point :?:
douglowe wrote:Also, I'm surprised that you've so much faith in GW fixing the game

Didn't say GW is fixing the game. I said asskicks will follow.

You see, trying to interprete something, that don't need any interpretation, is silly.

douglowe

PostTue Aug 14, 2012 1:46 pm

Captain Blaster wrote:
douglowe wrote:the rules *interpretations* we should discuss, and suggest alternatives where we think it could be improved, but we shouldn't criticize them for making these in the first place.

1. Rules are Rules, nothing to be interpretate.
2. Cyanide makes what he wants, without asking or informing the community 1st.
So I don't get your point :?:

Rules are rules are they? With *nothing* to interpret?

So - can you clarify for me what the *exact* meaning of these rules are then (remember, no interpreting the rules - I want the *exact* meaning).

1) Jervis wrote that teams can have up to two blitzers, four blockers, four catchers, two throwers, one star player, and any number of linemen (up to a total of 16 players in the team). Other than that, any players who don't fit into these categories are limited to two. So:
1a) can we buy star players as permanent players again?
1b) what do Chaos Warriors count as? Blockers or the "other" category?
1c) same question for Dwarf (and Chaos Dwarf) Blockers - are they Blockers or Linemen?
1d) etc

2) How should Trolls, Treemen and Minotaurs be included as the last race (0-2) for the Jade, Celestial, Amethyst, and Dark colleges? Are they new teams?
2a) Given that Jade can potentially now take 5 trolls, but is presumably limited to 0-2 by the positional limits given above (same for Celestial college and Treemen), what *exactly* were Jervis' intentions for how these team lists should interact with the (as yet un-written) CRP?

3) Pushing and pits - can you chose to push an opposing player into the pit, even if there are other empty squares that they can be pushed to, or is it treated like pushing players off the sidelines in standard BB?

4) Magic Sponge - this can be used to move players from the KO and stunned(!) boxes into the reserve box. It cannot be used on seriously injured or killed players. What about Badly Hurt players - can they be sponged or not?

5) Goblin fanatics and walls - what happens when a goblin fanatic moves into a wall? Does he reroll the movement direction, count as having moved but stay where he is, or move into the wall and so injure himself?

6) Skill questions:
6a) Hail Mary Pass: can this still be used? Range restrictions are there for standard passing, but HMP ignores range restrictions.
6b) Secret Weapon: is this skill now redundant (like kick-off return, etc) and so should be ignored (and the death roller left as is)?

Captain Blaster wrote:
douglowe wrote:Also, I'm surprised that you've so much faith in GW fixing the game

Didn't say GW is fixing the game. I said asskicks will follow.

You see, trying to interprete something, that don't need any interpretation, is silly.

Great. Some pointless asskicks will follow. But not actual fixes to the game. I can hardly contain my excitement.

Captain Blaster

PostTue Aug 14, 2012 10:25 pm

Oh boy, you waste a lot of my time, cause you don't think.....Are you working for Cyanide :?: :D
douglowe wrote:Rules are rules are they? With *nothing* to interpret?

Right NOTHING to interpret. The rules must be TRANSFORMED into LRB6.

douglowe wrote:1) Jervis wrote that teams can have up to two blitzers, four blockers, four catchers, two throwers, one star player, and any number of linemen (up to a total of 16 players in the team). Other than that, any players who don't fit into these categories are limited to two. So:
1a) can we buy star players as permanent players again?
1b) what do Chaos Warriors count as? Blockers or the "other" category?
1c) same question for Dwarf (and Chaos Dwarf) Blockers - are they Blockers or Linemen?
1d) etc

This rule doesn't exist in the game anyway, cause you can have forexample 4 x Human Blitzers.....

To 1a.)
What a question? Are you a kid? We have of course to use LRB6 and there you can't have permanent Starplayers. But you could say with inducements of 800K you still can only buy 1 Starplayer.

To 2a.)
The Chaos Worrior is a CW and his position is CW. His position is not called Chaos Blocker or Blocker Worrior or Worrior Blocker. Jervis wrote, that If you can use players that don’t fit into any of these categories (Dark Elf Witch Elves, forexample). Understand?

To 3c.)
They are called Blockers, so they are Blockers.
douglowe wrote:2) How should Trolls, Treemen and Minotaurs be included as the last race (0-2) for the Jade, Celestial, Amethyst, and Dark colleges? Are they new teams?

I think it would be the best to integrate the new teams, that didn't existed at 3rd Edition.
douglowe wrote:3) Pushing and pits - can you chose to push an opposing player into the pit, even if there are other empty squares that they can be pushed to, or is it treated like pushing players off the sidelines in standard BB?

Now I see, that you are a Rookie :roll:
Of course you have to use standard BB pushing rules.
douglowe wrote:4) Magic Sponge - this can be used to move players from the KO and stunned(!) boxes into the reserve box. It cannot be used on seriously injured or killed players. What about Badly Hurt players - can they be sponged or not?

Jervis wrote: "A coach may use the sponge to treat an injured player instead of teleporting a player into the dungeon. If the player was in the KO’d or Stunned box." So, Badly Hurt can't be sponged.
douglowe wrote:5) Goblin fanatics and walls - what happens when a goblin fanatic moves into a wall? Does he reroll the movement direction, count as having moved but stay where he is, or move into the wall and so injure himself?

Why he should be injured? Is anybody injured, when he is pushed into a wall? So, movement wasted is enough.
douglowe wrote:6) Skill questions:
6a) Hail Mary Pass: can this still be used? Range restrictions are there for standard passing, but HMP ignores range restrictions.
6b) Secret Weapon: is this skill now redundant (like kick-off return, etc) and so should be ignored (and the death roller left as is)?

To 6a.)
Jarvis wrote: "Only quick and short passes are allowed when playing underground– the ceiling is too low to attempt longer passes." So, no Hail Mary can be used.
To 6b.)
I made somewhere in the forum the suggestion, to take away the skill and let them cost 30-50K more.

At the end, I can say, go read the rules 2-3 times (as the Cyanide guys should do) and everything will be clear.

douglowe

PostTue Aug 14, 2012 11:28 pm

So, a whole load of suggestions which are *your* interpretations of the rules. I rest my case.

Captain Blaster

PostWed Aug 15, 2012 8:32 am

douglowe wrote:So, a whole load of suggestions which are *your* interpretations of the rules. I rest my case.

There was not only one interpretation in my text, go play something else kid....................

douglowe

PostWed Aug 15, 2012 9:34 am

Captain Blaster wrote:
douglowe wrote:So, a whole load of suggestions which are *your* interpretations of the rules. I rest my case.

There was not only one interpretation in my text, go play something else kid....................

You seriously don't understand what my point was? :shock:

I guess there's not much point continuing this discussion then, as I can't see how it can be explained anymore clearly than I have already.
PreviousNext

Return to Technical Forum