[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
• View topic - Rules question: Mercenaries and racial limits

It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 12:32 pm

Rules question: Mercenaries and racial limits

THE DUGOUT : Have a technical problem? Share it with the community.
  • Author

douglowe

Rules question: Mercenaries and racial limits

PostTue Aug 28, 2012 3:12 pm

In a game last night I had enough inducements to hire a human blitzer mercenary for my rainbow team. As my team already has 2 human blitzers this broke the racial limits, but still was allowed by the game.

So, my question is: should the racial limits still apply when hiring mercenaries (positional limits still do - I couldn't get myself a third wardancer, for example)? If so then this is a bug in the game engine - if not then Reed's list of unwritten rules needs an update ;)

Darkson

Re: Rules question: Mercenaries and racial limits

PostTue Aug 28, 2012 6:27 pm

Did you have a human Blitzer missing the game through injury?
I'd love to play Blood Bowl on the PC, but I want a FULL version, not some bugged, incomplete one.

Home of the ARBBL

Reed

PostTue Aug 28, 2012 6:51 pm

I can confirm Doug's findings. Here's a screenshot of the Grey Shadows team (Grey College) in hot seat mode. As you can see, it has eight human players (Other race, 0-6 players). The Cyanide-made team already had six humans and I bought two more with inducement money.

The racial number limits do not currently apply when buying mercenaries.
Attachments
8_humans_chaos_team.jpg
8_humans_chaos_team.jpg (131.07 KiB) Viewed 6416 times

douglowe

PostTue Aug 28, 2012 7:16 pm

Darkson wrote:Did you have a human Blitzer missing the game through injury?

Nope. I played the match with 3 blitzers.

douglowe

PostTue Aug 28, 2012 7:18 pm

Reed wrote:I can confirm Doug's findings. Here's a screenshot of the Grey Shadows team (Grey College) in hot seat mode. As you can see, it has eight human players (Other race, 0-6 players). The Cyanide-made team already had six humans and I bought two more with inducement money.

The racial number limits do not currently apply when buying mercenaries.

Thanks for the confirmation Reed :) I would have posted the replay file, but I'm not on my PC atm.

Return to Technical Forum