[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
• View topic - Big Guys?

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:49 pm

Big Guys?

Share your strategies and tactics with the community
  • Author

splendidplumage

Big Guys?

PostMon Jul 14, 2014 6:03 pm

With all the colleges having access to either 2 or 4 big guys, I wondered weither there was any concensus as to weither to run them or not.

Although they are expensive and unreliable, I can see them being harder to avoid in the narrower confines of a dungeon if positioned well. Does it vary from college to college? from big guy to big guy? Amber and bright can choose from several different types but only field 2, which are considered best?

CoachBones

Re: Big Guys?

PostFri Sep 12, 2014 7:28 pm

For me, you gotta run Big Guys. Big Guys are the heart and soul of DB - they are what it's all about. Running your dainty little elf catcher round a dark and cobwebbed corridor, only for him to slap straight into the wall of prime fillet steak that is your opponent's minotaur! :D Big Guys give DB its "Dungeon" feel - getting your team to form into a party to clear the corridors before running in the winning score.

I am actually kind of surprised at how hobbled all big guys have gotten in every type of Bloodbowl since the Living Rulebook. Having never played anything later than the '94 edition of the rules until recently, I was pretty shocked to find them hit by loner, and various paralysis negs, AS WELL as those massive costs... I guess because I was only used to the star players, rather than rostered Big Guys when I played.

As I remember it, in original DB, the Big Guys counted as TWO regular players when selecting your team and setting up, and I think mummies for some reason counted as three? Anyway, I am an advocate for equal rights to all big guys in Dungeonbowl - I hope there will be more of 'em!

Return to Strategy and Tactics