[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
• View topic - Grab

It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:20 pm

Grab

Share your strategies and tactics with the community
  • Author

TheBrute

Grab

PostFri Jul 06, 2012 6:47 pm

I had the thought of using this skill more for Dungeonbowl. Currently running a Light College team with quite a few Dwarf players and I started thinking how great this'll be around deathtraps.

Anyone else had much experience with it?

DeToX86

Re: Grab

PostFri Jul 06, 2012 7:02 pm

I put it on one of my trees. I park him next to a teleporter and grab people to set them up for a surf or additional blocks from my other players. I love it. If you have enough guard on the other dwarfs to reliably get 2D blocks, I could see it being very effective at choke points and such.

Although, if it is not set to optional it will force you to use it and not allow you to crowd surf. Make sure you do not use it if you are in position to surf someone.

douglowe

PostSat Jul 07, 2012 1:53 am

What DeToX86 said - grab is great next to teleporters I reckon, but it can stop you pushing people into the pits because this is treated in the same way as crowd surfing, i.e. only possible if it's the only empty square for the push.

I'd be more inclined to get juggernaut - which will cancel out all the stand firm on th e dwarf teams.

Evilstein

PostSat Jul 07, 2012 5:33 pm

You have an option to not use Grab.
You have to set the skill to manual.

juck101

PostSat Jul 14, 2012 1:23 pm

Nice idea :)

Glad some new thougths with the LRB6 skills is taken place.

Coach Jester

PostSun Jul 15, 2012 11:56 am

Evilstein wrote:You have an option to not use Grab.
You have to set the skill to manual.

ok how i can in BB but dont see option to do in DB

Evilstein

PostSun Jul 15, 2012 12:58 pm

"Option" in the main menu

Reed

PostSun Jul 15, 2012 1:12 pm

More specifically, the "Options" text link at the bottom left of the start-up screen. From there you need to press the "Optional Skills Preset" button at the bottom right. Leave the Enabled column as is (green checkmarks) and click the red x in the Ask column to change it to a green checkmark. Don't forget to save your changes.

Now you will be asked whether you want to use the skill when the situation comes up during a game. In other words, if you activate Ask on the Wrestle skill, when you block someone or are blocked and your player has the Wrestle skill, you will be asked if you want to use it or not. In that dialog window red x means no and green checkmark means yes, the same as in the options.

Jester, I'm sure you already know these things but I wrote them down to help new players.

Coach Jester

PostMon Jul 16, 2012 1:14 am

Return to Strategy and Tactics