[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
• View topic - Troll Slayer vs Norse Werewolf

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:43 am

Troll Slayer vs Norse Werewolf

Share your strategies and tactics with the community
  • Author

csbear

Troll Slayer vs Norse Werewolf

PostMon Jul 16, 2012 7:51 am

Noob question: Would you rather start a Bright/Light team with 1 Troll Slayer and 1 Werewolf OR 2 Troll Slayers? (Yes, 20K more for Were).

Basically, in your opinion is the 20K extra justified for the Werewolf over the Troll Slayer?

douglowe

Re: Troll Slayer vs Norse Werewolf

PostMon Jul 16, 2012 10:01 am

Although the werewolf is stronger I think that the trollslayers would be a more reliable starting lineup. Get the werewolf later.

csbear

PostWed Jul 18, 2012 1:34 am

Thanks! It basically came down to the two dice rolls of WW vs. Block/Dauntless of Troll Slayer, so that's why I asked.

Evilstein

PostWed Jul 18, 2012 3:16 am

Use a Death Roller.

douglowe

PostWed Jul 18, 2012 11:39 am

Evilstein wrote:Use a Death Roller.

My game last night was against a Light team who had a death roller. It spent the whole game trundling slowly after my elves - never threw a single block (I did have to dodge away from it once though). His trollslayers were in the thick of the action though, and *almost* stopped me scoring.

Light Raven

PostSun Jul 22, 2012 12:22 am

Trollslayer with Juggernaut is my favourite combo so far - the look on these Deathrollers and Treemen when you push them into a trap - 'but I've got stand firm??? how come its a straight dice :-)

douglowe

PostSun Jul 22, 2012 5:17 pm

Light Raven wrote:Trollslayer with Juggernaut is my favourite combo so far - the look on these Deathrollers and Treemen when you push them into a trap - 'but I've got stand firm??? how come its a straight dice :-)

That's always a satisfying feeling :)

I reckon that juggernaut is probably a good first skill for werewolves. With ST4 and frenzy you can push most players around very easily, then add dauntless on to make a tree/roller killer - even if dauntless fails you've only a 1/3 of falling over yourself, with a 2/3 chance of pushing them back (and a 1/9 chance of knocking them down).

Meltyman

PostWed Jul 25, 2012 7:54 am

csbear wrote:Noob question: Would you rather start a Bright/Light team with 1 Troll Slayer and 1 Werewolf OR 2 Troll Slayers? (Yes, 20K more for Were).

Basically, in your opinion is the 20K extra justified for the Werewolf over the Troll Slayer?

I tend to take 2 werewolves straight up, mainly because they are more skill dependant players than slayers, thus playing them more they have more chances to get spps.

smoked_g60

PostMon Aug 06, 2012 3:17 am

I also like to get 2 WW in the opening team. They are fast, str4, and that makes them one of the better players for fast scouting. The Troll Slayers are nice but at mv 5 a lot less mobile on large boards.

Return to Strategy and Tactics