[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
• View topic - Grey College Starting Roster(s)

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:27 pm

Grey College Starting Roster(s)

Share your strategies and tactics with the community
  • Author

A-r-c-h-o-n

Grey College Starting Roster(s)

PostMon Jul 16, 2012 1:12 pm

Well - what would you suggest as starting roster for the grey college? One could field a LOT of Strength here (same goes for the Jade College).

RR-weak "Develop" startup:
Chaos: 3CW = 300
Chaos: 4 Goats = 240
Human: 2 Blitzer = 180
Ogres: 2 Ogres = 280

I would want to have the Ogres and the CW early on (would buy a APO, RR and then the 4th CW next), since they are slow to level. You do miss a ballhandler here, but should be able to compete in a bashplay after the first level ups against dwarves. The Ogres are to good from the Ogreteam - you do want them. Form the Humans the lineman simply won't be able to compete with the goats in the long run, so I wouldn't recommend to start with them in the first place.

I would only recommend this build for an experianced coach, who has played rookie chaos already, since every single dice you fail will screw you in the first games. On the other side, if you handle the first 100TV or so emotionaly, that team will develop itself into a powerhorse.

The mino isn't worth his cost here in the DB-Setting i think, since you will be starting far away from any opponent player normaly and blitzing with him ALL the time just to get him into position is just a waste of your blitz-action, you for sure want to use elsewhere.

Coach Jester

Re: Grey College Starting Roster(s)

PostMon Jul 16, 2012 1:32 pm

i would rather go
Chaos: 3CW = 300
Chaos: 6 Goats = 360
Ogres: 2 Ogres = 280

60 left for RR or apoth
or save for the human ogre later

douglowe

PostMon Jul 16, 2012 2:04 pm

The problem with going with a Chaos and Ogre heavy list is that you're going to be skill and reroll light - which is going to seriously hamper your game.

So - how about a roster which focuses on the star players of the chaos and human teams - the chaos warriors and human blitzers?

4 CW = 400k
2 H. Blitzers = 180k
3 Beastmen = 180k
2 Snotlings = 40k
2 Rerolls = 100k

I'd focus here on skilling up the chaos warriors as quickly as possible, as they will be key to long-term success for bashy teams. From the human team I'd just focus on taking blitzers, possibly with a catcher later for extra speed. Eventually save up for the 2 ogres (and a minotaur) - but I reckon they're too unreliable to include in a starting roster with only 2 (or less!) rerolls. The snotlings are used to bulk out the team to 11 players - but I expect they will die very quickly, so will probably be replaced by a beastman merc in the later games, at least until you can afford the ogres/minotaurs/etc.

EDIT: List changed to correct my innumeracy ;)
Last edited by douglowe on Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

A-r-c-h-o-n

PostMon Jul 16, 2012 3:19 pm

EDIT: well - change edit your post then (to keep that thread ontopic... ;) )
Last edited by A-r-c-h-o-n on Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

douglowe

PostMon Jul 16, 2012 5:08 pm

A-r-c-h-o-n wrote:
douglowe wrote:4 CW = 400
4 H Blitzers = 360
2 Snotlings = 40 (or take 1 snotling and save 20k for later)
2 Rerolls = 100

Do i see only 10 players here?

Yes! Dammit, I've forgotten how to count :?

Evilstein

PostTue Jul 17, 2012 12:35 pm

And with some Gold after few games you can get :

1 Mino
1 Ogre Human
2 Ogres

4 Warriors
4 Blitzers

spubbbba

PostTue Jul 17, 2012 5:01 pm

I was considering this.

1 Warrior = 100
2 Beastmen = 120
2 Blitzers = 180
1 Thrower = 70
3 Linemen = 150
2 Ogres = 280
2 Rerolls = 100

As Chaos are pretty weak I think you’d want to maximise humans early on and they have the vital starting skills chaos lack. Assuming those ogres are from the ogre team and don’t have loner then starting with 2 of them is hard to turn down as well.

As the team develops you’d save the apoth for the ogres Chaos warriors and human blitzers and slowly add more skilled chaos players to take advantage of the strength of Chaos at high TV. You might keep a block thrower as ball handler or a catcher or 2 for speed but the rest of the team would be made of big guys, chaos warriors and killer beastmen.

BloodSkull

PostThu Jul 19, 2012 7:29 am

4 CW = 400
4 HB = 360
2 Snot = 40
1 Lineman = 50

3 rerolls/ 2 rerolls & Apoth

Since its 16/24 system I'd go with that. Without 16/24

4 CWs = 400
4 HBs = 360
3 Bs = 180
1 RR/or Apoth

Though Human throwers will make good ball carriers because they start off with Sure Hands, but focused Beastmen can do a better job. Human catchers are way to weak to be caught on their own, though they have a better time with access to Blodge and Agility. If your making a Bash team these two positional players can be easily over looked.

I don't like big guys as starters, but 2 Ogres may or may not value to your team depending if your going to go full bash or hybrid the team with more ball handling.

Reed

PostThu Jul 19, 2012 7:35 am

What is a "16/24 system"?

BloodSkull

PostThu Jul 19, 2012 7:49 am

Reed wrote:What is a "16/24 system"?

Able to insert players in the dugout onto the pitch until the end of round 16. You start taking off players after round 24. This is why RRs are a little more important than they use to be. Considering the pay is no longer the same as it used to be in LRB 6 compared to Version 2 or LRB 3 it makes it harder to turn down RRs easily.
Next

Return to Strategy and Tactics