[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
• View topic - Rainbow starting roster

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:31 pm

Rainbow starting roster

Share your strategies and tactics with the community
  • Author

Isha

Rainbow starting roster

PostThu Jul 19, 2012 2:38 pm

Will try the following roster:

1. Wardancer
2. Wardancer
3. Ogre
4. Elf lino
5. Elf lino
6. Elf lino
7. Elf lino
8. Elf lino
9. Elf lino
10. Halfing
11. Halfing

2 RR

Starting on the pitch with 2 dancers and 4 linos. 1st player to be warped into the dungeon will be the ogre. Then the linos.

Rainbow must win the game early on, no sense in having a long bench - if the game turns into an attrition war, loss is unavoidable.

Linos recover the ball, dancers score.

The Ogre is a great road block and a distraction for the opponent while the elves recover the ball.

douglowe

Re: Rainbow starting roster

PostThu Jul 19, 2012 4:43 pm

This is the roster I went with for my rainbow team. The wardancers are the real stars of the game - with players taking longer to skill up in DB than BB their skill set is really useful for a beginning team! For development I've bought several extra rerolls (after the apoth as my first purchase) - only just bought myself my first catcher, after 10+ games - rest of my cash has been spent replacing dead line-elves and halflings!

I start with the ogre on the pitch though, not teleporting him in (teleporter pads are *not* the place to get bonehead - as I've found out to my cost!).

Coach Jester

PostFri Jul 20, 2012 4:12 am

i also like to have 1 tree as a goalie
i also get leap on every lineman as soon as i can and then strip ball
once u get strip ball on ya WD they are the best in the game

Isha

PostFri Jul 20, 2012 9:35 am

Not really found of trees. Its quite an investment in a piece that most of the time never takes part in the match ...

skill-wise i like:

wardancers: sidestep, tackle, frenzy, strip ball, sure feet

linos: sidestep, dodge, block

ogres: standfirm, guard, grab

katadder

PostFri Jul 20, 2012 9:50 am

I like to make use of human blitzers in my starting line up alongside the wardancers as they are as fast as elf linos, higher armour which is good for opening chests and come with block to start with which is important when the teams level alot slower than in BB.

Brihaspati

PostFri Jul 20, 2012 11:39 am

I also find human blitzers very useful. They are tougher than the fairies, and skill up fairly fast. The starting roster I usually go for is 2 WDs/ 2 blitzers/ 1 catcher/ 4 linos/ 2 flings /3 RRs. The Ogre can be purchased after a blitzer kicks the bucket. I haven't played Rainbow too much, mind, so I'll defer to the experts.

Apart from the variety of roster options, the fact that we're talking about things like sidestep or even leap as viable first skill choices shows that, for all its much-maligned randomness, DB is an antidote to the sameness, the tear-jerkingly dull sameness of team development in vanilla BB. Now we only need to nerf the Deathroller to *%&/

csbear

PostFri Jul 20, 2012 9:27 pm

Completely agree about DB and its variety of lineups compared to BB. This aspect alone makes DB stand out by itself and stretches the strategy out even more. I've always been averse to using humans in DB/BB, but human blitzers form an important core of any team. Human blitzers have some of the best combination of speed, strength, and protection in the game if I'm not mistaken. I watch as my elves get KO'd, but the human blitzers get right back up and continue the attack.

I previously started just 1 Wardancer for Rainbow, but that makes no sense... might as well have both in the game to begin with considering they are possibly the best players in the game.

Return to Strategy and Tactics