[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
• View topic - The Secret Rules of DB or You Can Win More

It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 11:25 pm

The Secret Rules of DB or You Can Win More

Share your strategies and tactics with the community
  • Author

Reed

Re: The Secret Rules of DB or You Can Win More

PostFri Aug 03, 2012 5:50 am

smoked_g60 wrote:Also, do not mess with your team list or highlight any players when its the opponents turn. This can cause that player to be ineligible for using the magic sponge on during your turn.

What!? Really? Is this the first time this is mentioned here on the forum?

I know in Blood Bowl it was so that if you selected an opposing player when they were setting up you might end up not being able to field one of your players (IIRC, don't know whether this still holds there), but this? Have we established clear cause and effect between the action and the result? It sounds like a toughie to clearly hunt down.

I'd like a degree of certainty before setting this one down as canon. I've seen enough urban bug legends with Blood Bowl (not to claim that this is one, I just don't know enough about it yet).

Thanks for a doozie, Smoked!

smoked_g60

PostFri Aug 03, 2012 7:37 am

Yep, I trained myself not to do it, maybe I'll start again and narrow it down.

Also, Horns! Cant believe this one isn't on the menu, it doesn't work if you have to roll precarious position.

Reed

PostFri Aug 03, 2012 10:24 am

Horns added, thanks!

I haven't yet gone through the things already mentioned elsewhere on this forum, I'm sure there are many biggies still missing. I just added a few off the top of my head for a start. I'll keep building the opening post up so it will hopefully eventually become a useful compendium of our collective discoveries.

csbear

PostFri Aug 03, 2012 4:07 pm

smoked_g60 wrote:Also, do not mess with your team list or highlight any players when its the opponents turn. This can cause that player to be ineligible for using the magic sponge on during your turn.

As Reed said, this is definitely a big one! Has this been reported as a bug yet? I hope so because that's definitely a top priority bug if I understand correctly.

douglowe

PostFri Aug 03, 2012 6:32 pm

Reed wrote:Horns added, thanks!

I haven't yet gone through the things already mentioned elsewhere on this forum, I'm sure there are many biggies still missing. I just added a few off the top of my head for a start. I'll keep building the opening post up so it will hopefully eventually become a useful compendium of our collective discoveries.

Dauntless too doesn't seem to work if you have to roll for precarious position (there's a big report somewhere about for it).

Probably what we need is another list of skill bugs in the technical forum - similar to your post here (with a summary of the bug reports and links for the report threads in the first post).

douglowe

PostFri Aug 03, 2012 6:35 pm

Reed wrote:
douglowe wrote:I ask 'cos I've taken it on a halfling in order to test this out - but if you've tried it already I'll just sack him now

Surely one skilled halfling is not so much of a burden to your team that you must let him go without trying this yourself now that he's already got the skill and everything? :D

For Science!

lol!

Yes - for Science I will try it! And as Evilstein has told me it kinda works, ish - I'll so how much it does work.

Reed

PostSat Aug 04, 2012 7:58 pm

douglowe wrote:Dauntless too doesn't seem to work if you have to roll for precarious position

Dauntless added, thanks! I also covered the blitz+dauntless issue.
Probably what we need is another list of skill bugs in the technical forum - similar to your post here (with a summary of the bug reports and links for the report threads in the first post).

Agreed, it would be very useful. Any volunteers?

Reed

PostSat Aug 04, 2012 8:05 pm

Reed wrote:Corrected the Warp in secret rule turn number. I noticed in my recent game that you actually cannot warp in a player from your reserve on turn 16, it's too late by then.

Corrected the turn number back to 16. The way the turn counter works confuses me. It (sometimes?) shows the number of your next turn (and not the current one) or something, it's weird. Anyway, in a recent game I was able to warp a player in when the turn counter read 16.

katadder

PostSat Aug 04, 2012 8:43 pm

thats because player 2s turn counter goes up on player 1s turn and vice versa.
actually means player 2 loses his 1st player after 23 turns instead of 24.
this also means player 1 can warp a player in on turn 16 as his counter shows 15 at that time, its a bug I have raised but got no reply to.

Reed

PostSat Aug 04, 2012 11:52 pm

Ok, thanks for the explanation!
PreviousNext

Return to Strategy and Tactics