[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
• View topic - Map question?

It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:57 am

Map question?

Introduce your home-made dungeons created via de dungeon editor!
  • Author

Stagmummer

Map question?

PostSun Oct 21, 2012 2:14 pm

Don't know if I'm missing something here but how do you play on all these maps that we make...none of them seem to get used in match making ...so my question is almost what's the point of making a map if you can't really use it?

douglowe

Re: Map question?

PostSun Oct 21, 2012 2:26 pm

You can use them for challenge games - so for private leagues (organised elsewhere ;)), etc.

I think that it'd be interesting to see these community maps added to the list of dungeons used in the non-ranked match making games. I don't think there's enough of a difference between the ranked and unranked MM queues at the moment, so this would make the unranked MM queue more interesting.

Stagmummer

PostMon Oct 22, 2012 3:22 pm

Thanks :) and I agree with what you say more options are always a good thing in my book!

Coach Jester

PostTue Oct 23, 2012 3:30 am

also if you get enough votes you can get ya map made offical

hint spartan stadium is -5 /+15 as of now
but cyanide if you are going to use this map please use ...
Spartan Stadium II (as it fixed a small map issue from #1) and vote are -0 / +4

other maps are

Bar Room Brawl -0 / +4
the Glade -1 / +3 (an outdoor BB field)
Hansel's Hippodrome -2 / +9 (Hansel is so hot right now)
Minotaur's Maze -8 / +13
Over a Barrel -0 / +6

check em out vote and maybe we can get some of these made official

i personally think Spartan stadium is great for a fast game
and like Mino , over a barrel and bar room the best

douglowe

PostTue Oct 23, 2012 4:06 pm

Yes. However the movement on getting community maps onto match maker is slow (to say the least ;)) - so I reckon it'd be much better if we could just have one of the match maker queues set up to use community maps automatically. This would really speed things up - get more interest (and votes) for good maps, etc, so that we can get the better maps added to the ranked match making queue too.

Stagmummer

PostWed Oct 24, 2012 7:37 pm

Those sound like great ideas I really hope someone is paying attention because the map maker is a really great feature that just seems under utilized

Coach Jester

PostThu Oct 25, 2012 5:26 am

oh and just thought... if you do add a private league option like we have in chaos ed could you make it so private leagues can select a list of maps for that league that can be used as a random map option... but only maps commissioners select

Return to Your Dungeons