[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
• View topic - Big Moot's Hunger Games by TrickyD

It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 9:46 pm

Big Moot's Hunger Games by TrickyD

Introduce your home-made dungeons created via de dungeon editor!
  • Author

TrickyD

Big Moot's Hunger Games by TrickyD

PostTue Jun 05, 2012 4:12 am

The Big Moot's Hunger Games dungeon is designed to force both teams to make a run to the centerfield in order to find the ball.
The dungeon has 10 chests all located in the centerfield so finding the ball will hopefully take a while.
Furthermore this dungeon only has 2 warpstones so you could end up warping your reinforcements into the wrong side of the field.
As you can guess it is based on the Hunger Games where each participant has to sprint to reach their equipment.

ImageBig Moot's Hunger Games could only be sponsored by Big Moot.

ImageThis is how the endzone in BM Hunger Games looks like.
Last edited by TrickyD on Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Coach Jester

Re: Big Moot's Hunger Games by TrickyD

PostWed Jun 06, 2012 6:38 am

i love the idea and its a nice map 7/10
but
things i would like to see different would be

1.the chests closer (edit: to each other)
2 traps/pits around the outside surrounding the chests (though spaces between them)
3 wider field 7 or 9 squares
Last edited by Coach Jester on Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

TrickyD

PostWed Jun 06, 2012 8:19 am

:D Thx for checking out my dungeon Coach Jester.

As for your suggestions:
1 the whole point is that the teams have to sprint to the centerfield, If it is too close it favours teams with high MV
2 but if I ad traps to the outer ring I guess I could make it a few squares closer
3 I'll have to widen the field if I ad traps to the outer ring of the chest room

:?: Question; Can I make these alterations to the map I've already published or do I have to make a new Big Moot's Hunger Games map?[

Evilstein

PostWed Jun 06, 2012 9:11 am

Good map, you do a great design.
If you improve your map put some v1.01 things....and put the change in this thread.
I will do this for my maps (in the french forum).

Coach Jester

PostWed Jun 06, 2012 10:34 am

TrickyD wrote::D Thx for checking out my dungeon Coach Jester.

As for your suggestions:
1 the whole point is that the teams have to sprint to the centerfield, If it is too close it favours teams with high MV

opps sorry i didnt make myself very clear
i ment closer to each other not closer to a teams endzone

in the hunger games its all piled up (the loot)
so like that

Teufane

PostWed Jun 06, 2012 11:12 am

I play it, ans i like it, good concept and the teleporter are well place. ;)

TrickyD

PostWed Jun 06, 2012 11:47 am

Evilstein wrote:Good map, you do a great design.
If you improve your map put some v1.01 things....and put the change in this thread.
I will do this for my maps (in the french forum).

:D Good suggestion Evilstein I think I'll do just that.

:oops: I'm sorry for not being able to check out your dungeon right now since I'm in the process of finishing my 2nd and am already 1/2way on my 3rd dungeon.
But I'll make sure to check them this week, or at least this week-end.
And I'll also post in your dungeon topics.
;) Although not in French.

Coach Jester wrote:opps sorry i didnt make myself very clear
i ment closer to each other not closer to a teams endzone

in the hunger games its all piled up (the loot)
so like that
I can't do that in this map otherwise the blast radius for exploding chests would overlap? Which could mean that if 1 chest explodes it would start a chain reaction.

I believe that putting all the chests in 1 big room counts as being piled up.
:P At least for DB purposes.

Teufane wrote:I play it, ans i like it, good concept and the teleporter are well place. ;)

Thx for checking out BM's Hungergames Teufane.

TrickyD

PostWed Jun 06, 2012 12:11 pm

So I've published BM's Hungergames V1.01 .
:?: Shouldn't I delete the older version? Otherwise people might become confused.

Anyawayz, at Coach Jester's suggestion I've added some traps to the centerfield.
:twisted: Some 'hidden' while others are in plain sight.
I haven't widened the centerfield either because that would be too much work, and I'm already too occupied with 2 other new dungeons.
Besidez, I believe the centerfield to be wide enough.

Hope y'all will check out my new version BM's HungergamesV1.01

Teutatis

PostWed Jun 06, 2012 2:52 pm

Centre field is wide enough I think.

The pad positions do make it possible for the ball and fight area to rapidly shift position, which Im not sure about since the 50/50 chance of being killed from 2 pads...so it's a balance between risk getting killed or do the leg work across the large centre area.

I would like some junk behind the Endzones, I had to either rotate the camera or zoom up and out to see where to put my men. An extra square of junk or two should move that wall back which is hiding everyone.

For a first map, it's a pretty good one.
Pound for pound, has less Dakka-Dakka than your average player

TrickyD

PostWed Jun 06, 2012 3:11 pm

Okay Teut, I'll add a few squares so the wall shouldn't bother anymore.
And thx for testing all my maps.

:D This change is to see in V1.02 which I've just published.
So tell me what ya think?
Can you see your team without having to shift perspective?
Last edited by TrickyD on Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Next

Return to Your Dungeons