[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
• View topic - TrickyD's Tinkering Tests

It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 1:03 am

TrickyD's Tinkering Tests

Introduce your home-made dungeons created via de dungeon editor!
  • Author

Teutatis

Re: TrickyD's Tinkering Tests

PostWed Jun 06, 2012 3:41 pm

I would delete the older version tbh, but if it's possible do keep a copy on your machine or backed up somewhere.

The Deathrace map was interesting to play, I didn't know how exactly things would work out. I do think you need to add some pits like we discussed to help the underdog fight back.

The Squash map was fun, but we saw how quickly that game ended...abeit with some good rolls to pull it off. Limiting the leap areas to 1 square wide should help the opposing player defend them, it wasn;t clear to me that you could leap diagonally and after receiving a catch and running.
Pound for pound, has less Dakka-Dakka than your average player

TrickyD

PostWed Jun 06, 2012 4:03 pm

Teutatis wrote:I would delete the older version tbh, but if it's possible do keep a copy on your machine or backed up somewhere.

Well I won't need the older version since the newer 1 is an improvement of the old 1.
The thing is that my older maps have ratings and as long as I don't know how deleting your old ratings will affect the new and improved maps I've decided to not delete them.

TrickyD

PostSun Jun 10, 2012 8:38 pm

:D Tonight I've had a 1st playtest in my new map Disco Inferno against Bob McBone.
The map looks large but it really is small, because of the large gaps of lava (it isn't called Disco Coldwave).
I may have set the fog density too dark but I'll wait a few test matches before I'll change it.
The map only has 2 warpstones because I figgered that the Disco is small enough and you can't pass long range anyway.
Since I'm still in the testing stage I haven't published it yet.
I hope BoB will post his opinion here so I can review them in leasure.

Bucc

PostMon Jul 09, 2012 12:47 pm

Tricky, you make some fantastic dungeons. I have downloaded all of your work. Would you like to playtest some of your maps with me?

Coach Jester

PostSat Jul 14, 2012 4:44 pm

TrickyD wrote:
Teutatis wrote:I would delete the older version tbh, but if it's possible do keep a copy on your machine or backed up somewhere.

Well I won't need the older version since the newer 1 is an improvement of the old 1.
The thing is that my older maps have ratings and as long as I don't know how deleting your old ratings will affect the new and improved maps I've decided to not delete them.

i have deleted my old maps and it wont affect ratings
deleting may even help you get better ratings as players will focus on the map you want voted on and not vote on an old one

Return to Your Dungeons