[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
• View topic - A friendly game of Squash - Dungeonbowl Style by TrickyD

It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 8:18 pm

A friendly game of Squash - Dungeonbowl Style by TrickyD

Introduce your home-made dungeons created via de dungeon editor!
  • Author

TrickyD

A friendly game of Squash - Dungeonbowl Style by TrickyD

PostThu Jun 07, 2012 9:53 am

This dungeon was originally a squash court so it favours passing or bouncing off walls, but because it is also close quarters it's also very friendly for bashing.
So coaches can win by either playing squash and score a TD or simply squash their opponent into a bloody pulp.
The fact that you need to warp in order to find the ball makes this dungeon a risky one.
:D Then again; no guts, no glory.

Hope y'al will enjoy it.

ImageA Bird-eye view of the lower half of the squash-court.

ImageA close-up of the damage an underground vulcanic erupture has caused to the walls and floors of the squash courts.
Last edited by TrickyD on Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

TrickyD

Re: Squash - Dungeonbowl Style v1.02 by TrickyD

PostSat Jun 09, 2012 12:12 am

:| After a 2nd round of playtesting I've decided to create an alternate route to the ez.
And since I've learned that 1 square corridors are also official I've made these openings in the wall just 1 square wide.
Because I've created another opening to the ez I've dropped 1 warpstone simply because it had become redundant.
This version will NOT be called [b']A friendly game of Squash- DB style v1.02'[/b], but simply Squash- DBstyle v1.02
I believe that this shorter title is catchier.

:!: I've also deleted the earlier version since it wasn't rated anyway.

TrickyD

Re: Squash - Dungeonbowl Style v1.03 by TrickyD

PostSun Jun 10, 2012 11:02 pm

:) After another playtest with Bob McBone I've decided to create another 1 sq opening in the middle wall so that in Squash - Dungeonbowl Style v1.03 it is now possible to reach the ez without the use of a warpstone.

Bob McBone

Re: A friendly game of Squash - Dungeonbowl Style by TrickyD

PostSun Jun 10, 2012 11:06 pm

Nice to hear you changed it.
At all it was fun (because i won finally :D )

nice Dungeon

TrickyD

PostSun Jun 10, 2012 11:09 pm

:D Yeah I let you win, because I felt bad about you being unable to reach my ez by walking.
( :mrgreen: At least that's what I keep telling myself)

TrickyD

PostMon Jun 11, 2012 2:14 am

After another game, this time with Chel, I've gotten the complaint that this dungeon isn't open enough. That the rooms are too easily to defend. Which is true, but isn't that the difference between DB and BB? That in DB you have to conquer a dungeon room for room to enter the ez? Like in the siege of a castle?
:?: Or should a DB map only consists of corridors with no rooms but large open area's instead?
What do you guys think?

This map is a used squash court where each court can be considered a large room.
I've made the ez only reachable by a 1 sq opening in a wall and by warping in.
:roll: So I guess my Squash-map needs more of a Siege-mentality than any other DB map?

Coach Jester

PostTue Jun 12, 2012 4:20 am

TrickyD wrote:After another game, this time with Chel, I've gotten the complaint that this dungeon isn't open enough. That the rooms are too easily to defend. Which is true, but isn't that the difference between DB and BB? That in DB you have to conquer a dungeon room for room to enter the ez? Like in the siege of a castle?
:?: Or should a DB map only consists of corridors with no rooms but large open area's instead?
What do you guys think?

This map is a used squash court where each court can be considered a large room.
I've made the ez only reachable by a 1 sq opening in a wall and by warping in.
:roll: So I guess my Squash-map needs more of a Siege-mentality than any other DB map?

i hate Dwarf teams at the best of times but to give them bottle neck areas to defend is just too much for me and i would avoid these types of maps.
it would be the same for an elf team if the map had all open with the endzones surrounded with water/pits and the only way to score would be to leap (once they add leap over objects) you would then hear all dwarf players say they didnt like it.
For me a map should have a balance of both and testing of a map should be done with all the races... unless like in our league where we have "home field advantage" :lol: we have to play a home and away game and the maps can be as 1 sided as you like but finals on neutral grounds ;) :D

TrickyD

PostTue Jun 12, 2012 8:33 am

:D Lol this map started out with no places to jump into the ez (the 1st play-test is always done by myself with the default Human/and Dwarven teams so originally had completely forgotten about jump) and no 1sq opening in walls, where the only way in was via warp.
So if I just changed the 1 square opening (they are cracks in the walls and not corridors) it would fix the map to your liking?

:?: But you don't mind actual dungeons with rooms with doors (I guess they should be double doors for a 2sq opening)instead of simply BB fields indoors?

Return to Your Dungeons