[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
• View topic - Cthulu v1.0

It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 3:48 am

Cthulu v1.0

Introduce your home-made dungeons created via de dungeon editor!
  • Author

Teutatis

Cthulu v1.0

PostThu Jun 07, 2012 4:55 pm

Nobody was about so I had a play with the creator...probably an awful map tbh, too small, too lethal...just stay away from the pit, he's a tad hungry for virgins :lol: :lol: :lol:
Pound for pound, has less Dakka-Dakka than your average player

TrickyD

Re: Cthulu v1.0

PostThu Jun 07, 2012 7:14 pm

:lol: LoL I'll be sure to check it out tonight or at least this weekend.
Better yet, challenge me when we're both online.

Teutatis

PostThu Jun 07, 2012 9:10 pm

Will do, should be on later...btw, start fouling people for me, see if you can get the ref to call a foul please?

TrickyD

PostThu Jun 07, 2012 10:31 pm

:roll: Uhm not in ranked matches though.

:?: Or is fouling allowed now?

TrickyD

PostFri Jun 08, 2012 4:06 pm

:| Well my 1st impression is that the dungeon is too small and that everything is just too close.
I mean in theory it is possible to score in your 1st turn if you had the luck of finding the ball then.
Everything was easily within reach; a chest and the ez. So if you had found the ball all you had to do was push aside a player ( :twisted: preferably into the pit with tentacles) and then stand on his spot to score a TD.
Being able to score in the 1st T without your opponent ever having used his is imo proof that the map is imbalanced.

And while I have nothing against warpstones, 6 warpstones, each only 4 sq apart, is to much for even my taste.
I mean 6 Warpstones spread over a large map is 1 thing but 6 on such a small map, where you all end up in the same general area?
I like the rest of the dungeon and the theme, but this dungeon is simply too small, with the ez and warpstones much too close to each other.

:D So if you change all that I happily give it another try.

Teutatis

PostFri Jun 08, 2012 4:11 pm

I agree...I might increase the size a bit, move or delete a few pads and see if that helps it.

Enclosing the TD areas on either side should stop a rush attempt early on, and moving the centre chests away to stop 1 turn runs.

Thanks for giving it a test Tricky, I'll give you a shout when I adjust it.

TrickyD

PostFri Jun 08, 2012 4:20 pm

:D Np I'll happilly accept your challenge again to test your dungeon tonight or tomorrow.

Teutatis

PostMon Jun 11, 2012 1:09 pm

Upgraded to v2.0

• Larger area added
  • Chests relocated
  • Teleports added and relocated
  • TD areas separated a bit more

TrickyD

PostTue Jun 12, 2012 3:05 pm

:D Yep I've tested V2.0 and like it alot.
( ;) And not just because I won).
The chests are moved so a 1T TD has become impossible and although there still are a lot of warpstone they are spread out enough over the whole map so you won't all end up in the same general area.
I even like the details like; not having forgotten to water the tentacles and the tentacle-teasers dancing in their cages hanging over the central put with tentacles.

:) I'm looking forward to testing your other dungeons.

Teutatis

PostTue Jun 12, 2012 3:14 pm

Thanks Tricky, it is a big improvement over the original.

I just need to polish it up with cosmetics now.

Return to Your Dungeons