[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
• View topic - Speed Bowl

It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 9:26 pm

Speed Bowl

Introduce your home-made dungeons created via de dungeon editor!
  • Author

jbecks

Speed Bowl

PostSun Jun 10, 2012 1:38 am

Hi all,

This is my first Dungeon I made "Speed Bowl", Its similar in size to a normal bloodbowl pitch with some extra corridors,rooms, and the centre of the pitch is above tenticals etc.

I hope you all enjoy it, and leave some feedback after you have tried it a few times, there are 6 chests and 6 teleporters..if need I will experiment by adding some more obstacles in the future, as this is version 1.0.

Hope you have fun!

Last edited by jbecks on Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TrickyD

Re: Speed Bowl

PostSun Jun 10, 2012 6:50 am

:D Looks cool, I'll be sure to check it out today.
Nice pictures.

TrickyD

PostSun Jun 10, 2012 6:55 pm

:D I've playtested it and liked it.
I really like your idea of stringing up the lamps on bars, and will use it in my Disco Inferno map.
I like how you have decorated your map, but noticed that you forgot a tile near 1 of the ez.

Since I've platested your map with the default Dwarf/Human teams I'm curious how it will play with a (Dark)Elven team.
:| The lack of traps and open area in your dungeon does indeed (heavily?) favour the AG & MV teams.

But all in all I like your map, it is small, but not too small. Even though you have 8 warpstones; 4 warpstones in the cf and 2 warpstones per 'island' they are just far apart enough to not warp into the same area.

jbecks

PostSun Jun 10, 2012 7:40 pm

Hi Tricky,

Thanks for the input, I was going to only have 6 teleporters but decided on 8, I might reduce the rooms on the flanks two one teleporter? I wanted the teleporters central to add the slower teams, I'll experiment with some extra traps in the centre field to break it up a little more.

Ill add the missing tile..oops :)

TrickyD

PostSun Jun 10, 2012 8:51 pm

Since the map was generally balanced (at least in a Dwarf vs Human team) it was a pleasure to play in.
But I don't see the need to reduce the Warpstones since they are spread out enough. With 8 Warpstones the teams will be spread out more than with less. Which is okay, you don't want them to end up in the same general area, because that would make the warpstone redundant.
I don't see how warps help MV 'challenged' teams cause they are too random and the ones who take advantage of warping will be those with high MV anyway.
:D So I'm of the opinion that if it isn't broke don't fix it.

But you should try testing your map with an Elf vs Human or Dwarf team to see if the openness is too much an advantage.

Return to Your Dungeons