[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
• View topic - Zisterne des unendlichen Hasses

It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 10:01 pm

Zisterne des unendlichen Hasses

Introduce your home-made dungeons created via de dungeon editor!
  • Author

Bob McBone

Zisterne des unendlichen Hasses

PostSun Jun 10, 2012 11:29 pm

A littel pitch and alot of water.
Play it and enjoy it :twisted:
and tell me your impressions about it.

TrickyD

Re: Zisterne des unendlichen Hasses

PostSun Jun 10, 2012 11:38 pm

:D I generally liked the map, it reminded me of old AD&D sewers.
But what I didn't like is that you have placed warpstones and chests on 1 square ledges. So if a chest is not opened it becomes an obstacle and if you warp in you can only choose 1 direction to go in.
So if you changed the 1 sq wide ledges into 2 it will become a more flexible map.

Coach Jester

PostMon Jun 11, 2012 7:51 am

wont the use of leap also fix the problem ;) :lol:

TrickyD

PostMon Jun 11, 2012 7:59 am

:| It would but in the game I was in the ball was found early wich made all the other chests obstacles and since every warp was near a chest the map became easily obstructed.
And if I'm not mistaken nearly every chest was located on the outerring wich was the only ledge of just 1 square.

douglowe

PostMon Jun 11, 2012 3:51 pm

It's an interesting dungeon - not least because there's no walls (apart from the outer wall) - but also because the positioning of the end zones encourages fairly immediate conflict between the two teams as they race for the chests. I didn't find that 1-square wide ledge was an issue (though I do like using chests as obstacles too, so maybe this is more a personal taste thing ;)). The use of water traps instead of walls does make things interesting with lots of precarious position rolls - but at the same time I can see that wardancers and the passing game could dominate here (the halfling throwing game could go either way...).

The way we view this dungeon, and others like it which predominately use pit traps rather than walls, will change once general obstacle leaping is added into the game. Depending on what rules Cyanide use for this it could either make these dungeons more exciting - or essentially turn them into simple flat plains with the occasional tripping hazard.

TrickyD

PostMon Jun 11, 2012 4:18 pm

:) True, once everyone can jump over obstacles the 1square ledge won't be much of an issue.

Bob McBone

PostMon Jun 11, 2012 7:15 pm

at last my dungeon :lol:
Attachments
zisterne des unendlichen hasses.jpg
zisterne des unendlichen hasses.jpg (231.84 KiB) Viewed 11284 times

Bob McBone

PostMon Jun 11, 2012 7:21 pm

another
Attachments