[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
• View topic - Tomb, Asylum and Urborg

It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:18 am

Tomb, Asylum and Urborg

Introduce your home-made dungeons created via de dungeon editor!
  • Author

Bucc

Tomb, Asylum and Urborg

PostMon Jul 09, 2012 12:16 pm

Dear fellow DungeonBowl'ers

I have created 3 dungeons - Tomb, Asylum and Urborg - they are all published.
I would like some feedback on them. So if you could please playtest them and let me know. Preferable listing up to play the maps with me.

This message is created on my smartphone, so I reserve this post to make a better presentation later.

Thank you for any feedback in advance, it is much appreciated. See you on the pitch(es)

Edit # 1; Enter Asylum
Edit # 2; Enter Tomb
Edit # 3; Enter Urborg
Last edited by Bucc on Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Bucc

Re: Tomb, Asylum and Urborg

PostTue Jul 10, 2012 1:40 am

Asylum

A mad creation by a mad wizard, made for contaning even madder prisoners. That use is long done. Now it is being used for hosting DungeonBowl games!

9 Teleporters
6 Chest
907 Cells

An almost symetric pitch, that is designed for a fierce game where you have multiple options on route to opponents endzone. Half the teleporters are on treacherous positiones. Being a quite large map, I opted for quite a few teleporters evenly scattered across the map, to allow for intense action.

Coach Jester

PostSat Jul 14, 2012 7:34 am

i love the map
more than 1 way in to score rocks :D

DL'ed and played... its a keeper on my list :D

Bucc

PostSat Jul 14, 2012 12:30 pm

Thanks Jester!!
I am glad you liked it. I have tried to make it balanced as well.

Bucc

PostSat Jul 14, 2012 1:38 pm

Tomb

Not for the faint of heart! The tomb of the Archlich Kongax is half-alive. Should you end your DungeonBowl carreer here, you are doomed to forever haunt its halls.

8 Teleporters
6 Chest
1707 Cells

A symetric pitch. My very first try at creating a dungeon. I think I achieved a great atmosphere with this setting, and from playing against myself in hotseat it was great fun. It might be too big, though, have not playtested it against a capable opponent. It is designed with multiple entries to the endzones, but they are still defendable. You have to go to the outer parts of the dungeon to get the chests, and there are some key bottlenecks around the map.

Bucc

PostSat Jul 14, 2012 1:59 pm

Urborg

Who created this castle remains a mystery. But it is commenly agreed, that this ancient keep has a soul of its own. Urborg has no owners, and in its halls a silent whisper can sometimes be heard - It is the voice of the castle itself.Parts of its halls have been turned into DungeonBowl arenas, to the great enjoyment of spectators.

6 Teleporters
6 Chest
859 Cells

This map is a bit special, in that much of the play will be centered around the main hall and the two bridges to the endzones. I playtested the orignal map with Reed. We both agreed that the map was lacking somehow. It has let me to make a few changes to the map. It has been made slightly smaller, and I have opened up more passages. I have cleaned up some parts too, that were too "busy". The map is now uploaded as Urborg II, replacing the old Urborg. I have not had a chance to playtest it after, it might still need some refining. I was thinking about making a secret corridor behind the endzones that connects them.

Coach Jester

PostSat Jul 14, 2012 4:38 pm

you should make a separate post for each but its cool
Re tomb I love.. not only the look but play as well was lots of fun.. another i plan to keep

Re Urborg i have yet to play it yet (will give it a go soon) nice size but 1 thing is that room you have to port to has only 1 way in and out and i find this can lead to camping at the port... then again nothing wrong with that tactic ;)

great work Bucc keep the good work coming mate :D

Bucc

PostTue Aug 14, 2012 2:33 am

I have uploaded a new map, Druids Grove, using the new environment kit. I don't have the time right now to make a picture presentation, so I shamefully use this thread as a compendium of my uploaded dungeons. If you like my style, make sure to check it out! Also, there is a map called Dark Tower, also uploaded by me some time ago. That map is meant more like a gimmick, but take a look at it for yourself.

Have fun!

Return to Your Dungeons