[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
• View topic - El Paso de los Orcos [feedback]

It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 2:11 pm

El Paso de los Orcos [feedback]

Introduce your home-made dungeons created via de dungeon editor!
  • Author

Lembocha

El Paso de los Orcos [feedback]

PostMon Jul 23, 2012 4:21 am

Legends try to remember what happened here, but it is as if the Gods themselves erased such foul episode from history.

The atmosphere at the Paso de los Orcos, Estalian for The Orc Crossing, is that of a place between paradise and hell, a zone of transit between utter destruction and glorious victory.

But beware... there is strong magic tied within the tiles on the floor and the bricks of the walls... some say that dreamy treasures are hidden in a secret stone womb.

El Paso de los Orcos is also the scenario of the Grand Finale in the Paso de los Orcos League, the first Dungeon Bowl league in LUBBA (Liga Uruguaya de Blood Bowl Asociado).

Coach Jester

Re: El Paso de los Orcos [feedback]

PostMon Jul 23, 2012 8:05 am

ok first up i loved your promo for it... it made me jump on right away and look up the map

sadly not happy with the map
I never like maps with only one way to the goal line (i feel like its made by a 1 eyed death roller player thats not good with the game)
i also never like just a 2 or 3 square wide corridor (again for reason above)
with the ports into 2 side rooms that can again be easily defended with a few dwarfs

may i suggest you try to play the map with a rainbow team and as you get the crap kicked out of you maybe then you will see why others may not like it
i feel this is a dwarf heavy field and only other dwarf players will like and if 2 dwarf teams get on it will just be a pile up in the center

open it up more and make it with the though of more than just your team playing on it
GL in the next map

Lembocha

Re: El Paso de los Orcos [feedback]

PostTue Jul 24, 2012 12:08 am

Hey first thanks for the rapid response! I appreciate it a lot.
Now, this is the scenario for the finals of a league to be played next year.
As you can see, promos are finished :P
But the map was still yet an idea, so I basically made it roughly as a draft and put it here for feedback.
Then... It has to keep the 'crossing' memento coz it's El Paso de los Orcos after all, but I understand from your post that this can be achieved without compromising map balance too. I will continue polishing it and I shal present a 2nd version later, as soon as I get some DB experience myself.

More ideas are welcome!

Return to Your Dungeons