[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
• View topic - Steam Special Promotion

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:43 pm

Steam Special Promotion

THE END-ZONE : Discussions about official news.
  • Author

DeToX86

Re: Steam Special Promotion

PostThu Sep 20, 2012 8:29 pm

Quindia wrote:
Darkson wrote:
Quindia wrote:especially when there are tons of people to play against,

In other words, there are plenty of us who enjoy the game.
Not according to posts here there aren't.

Add a single player mode, and I'd be interested - I can't always guarantee time for an online game, but I can play few turns of BB, save the game at pick up at a later date. I can't with DB, hence it's of little interest atm.

Darkson- I actually play matches every day on Dungeonbowl. If it is not your thing, then feel free to play another game.

What times do you play? I'm in central US and there are very few people on when I check. Granted, I don't check very often anymore but I used to jump on fairly frequently only to find 0-4 players online. I work a standard 8-5 and then I have kids/wife so its typically after 8pm (-5) by the time I can jump online. Many times it might not be until 10pm. That is why I want league support as I really like scheduled matches.

Darkson

PostFri Sep 21, 2012 5:21 am

Quindia wrote:Darkson- I actually play matches every day on Dungeonbowl.

Good for you - perhaps you can tell all the other posters on here that are struggling to get a game due to lack of online players how you do it.
If it is not your thing, then feel free to play another game.

I take it reading isn't a strong point for you, or else you're just trolling, but I repeat:
Add a single player mode, and I'd be interested - I can't always guarantee time for an online game, but I can play few turns of BB, save the game at pick up at a later date. I can't with DB, hence it's of little interest atm.
I've repeatedly stated I WANT to play DB, even with all the faults that are present, but without a single player mode, it would be wasted money, and I haven't been alone in saying this.
I'd love to play Blood Bowl on the PC, but I want a FULL version, not some bugged, incomplete one.

Home of the ARBBL

A-r-c-h-o-n

PostFri Sep 21, 2012 10:11 am

DeToX86 wrote:...how many are getting the DB league started? ...... 5.

I am also NOT joining although I am very interested, simply because I think there are to few collages of magic around right now. But that's something that will surly get better in time. :)

koadah

PostFri Sep 21, 2012 2:53 pm

Darkson wrote:
Quindia wrote:Darkson- I actually play matches every day on Dungeonbowl.

Good for you - perhaps you can tell all the other posters on here that are struggling to get a game due to lack of online players how you do it.
If it is not your thing, then feel free to play another game.

I take it reading isn't a strong point for you, or else you're just trolling, but I repeat:
I've repeatedly stated I WANT to play DB, even with all the faults that are present, but without a single player mode, it would be wasted money, and I haven't been alone in saying this.

I suppose it is a matter of how much effort would it take to create an AI that wouldn't make their reputation even worse. ;)
And how many extra sales would it gain them? Considering those potential extra customers were not prepared to pay even a measly six quid for the on-line version.

Gaixo

PostFri Sep 21, 2012 4:45 pm

Should people pay that small price for something they can't use, though? Just in the hopes that the company might go on to create something that is useful to them?

Jolly Roger

PostFri Sep 21, 2012 6:25 pm

Cyanide and Focus will be attending Games Day in Birmingham, UK, this weekend.
To celebrate the event, we decided to extend the Steam promotion until Monday 10am Pacific. ;)

Quindia

PostSun Sep 23, 2012 3:45 pm

Guys, I seriously apologize if I was trolling. I've been on the boards since the game launched and have been frustrated that the same people point out the same problems over and over. The biggest reason it is hard to find matches is the lack of the players, ie. more people- more matches. I generally have an easier time finding in the morning finding games because Europe is still awake. But I log in and spin in match making while I do other things online.

We might not have actual league settings yet, but it wouldn't be hard to organize one using non-ranked teams and the challenge tools. If you want to schedule a match, nothing is stopping you from doing that. The people I have played on Dungeonbowl have always been nice.

Since they announced the game wouldn't have a single player mode- the people who were up in arms about that have been shocking to me. I can't stand the Bloodbowl AI- it is like cruise control compared to playing a real person. You do have the HOT SEAT option, where you can experiment with the pre-made teams and run both teams if you are interested in doing that. Not the same as a single player mode, so I understand the frustration people have without the ability to level up a team against the computer.

I am not going to be a total fanboi either and make it sound like I am totally happy. The Deathroller is still ridiculously powerful. The Jade team's tertiary race is a total waste of spots. Some of the earliest maps are dreadful to me. I can't stand the one where the center of the board is two tiny bridges- open space/teleporter- so really easy to block. But I just think I have enjoyed the game thus far and will continue to do so.

For people who have tried it- the discount on Steam lets you buy in cheap.
The King of Coinjock

Evilstein

PostSun Sep 23, 2012 7:18 pm

I wait for the CUCDBE "Chaos Ultimate Crazy Dungeon Bowl Edition"

All colleges, bug free and no death roller. ;)
At this time, the "No gold no MVP" rules make the game unplayable for leagues.

Deletio

PostSun Sep 23, 2012 7:45 pm

Evilstein wrote:At this time, the "No gold no MVP" rules make the game unplayable for leagues.

Still, we are running a DB league in the Franco-bowl. We added a home-made rule about this nonsense (and we simply banned the DR... we plan to design our own dongeons, where a DR would not be so OP). It is not perfect, but the league is small (18 players) and it is pretty easy to have an eye on those things. The missing private league tools IG are more annoying at this point.

So DB is far from perfect, but it is playable. And we enjoy it.
Previous

Return to News