[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
• View topic - Chaos Dwarf are also coming in Dungeonbowl!

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:30 pm

Chaos Dwarf are also coming in Dungeonbowl!

THE END-ZONE : Discussions about official news.
  • Author

Lancaster Matt

Can't create 11 players

PostThu Oct 18, 2012 4:43 pm

Step forward - I could create a team (almost)!

I buy 11 players and some equipment the save the team.

It then seems to only register as having 9 players (and therefore unplayable).

The money still looks like its all spent though :(

douglowe

Re: Can't create 11 players

PostThu Oct 18, 2012 4:53 pm

Lancaster Matt wrote:Step forward - I could create a team (almost)!

I buy 11 players and some equipment the save the team.

It then seems to only register as having 9 players (and therefore unplayable).

The money still looks like its all spent though :(

Which players are missing?

Last time this happened it was with the rat ogre - which was fixed at the server-side of things (IIRC)

douglowe

Re: Chaos Dwarf are also coming in Dungeonbowl!

PostThu Oct 18, 2012 4:55 pm

DeToX86 wrote:Thank you for the new team!

On a side note, this is pretty much exactly what I was talking about in the thread I started about releases! It was a PERFECT opportunity to tease a new release to all players..... for free! It would have created some nice buzz and excitement for the game and maybe more people would be checking the forums/game to find out what was coming. Don't get me wrong, I'm very happy about getting the team, but I think you could have gotten even more out of this with a small amount of communication/marketing.

There was a post on the cyanide facebook page this morning (which is how I found out about it). But I do agree that more communication/marketing for dungeonbowl generally would be good.

Lancaster Matt

PostThu Oct 18, 2012 5:47 pm

douglowe wrote:

Last time this happened it was with the rat ogre - which was fixed at the server-side of things (IIRC)

I've spotted the problem. When you first buy the players the Bull Centaurs are 70K.
If you spend say 1000K and save the team it seems to re-calculate the Bull Centaurs at 130K each. It then deleted the last bought players to bring the cost in at under 1000K.

If you buy the Bull Centaurs first, save and exit the team, then go back in and spend the rest of the money it seems to work fine.

douglowe

PostThu Oct 18, 2012 7:25 pm

Lancaster Matt wrote:
douglowe wrote:

I've spotted the problem. When you first buy the players the Bull Centaurs are 70K.
If you spend say 1000K and save the team it seems to re-calculate the Bull Centaurs at 130K each. It then deleted the last bought players to bring the cost in at under 1000K.

If you buy the Bull Centaurs first, save and exit the team, then go back in and spend the rest of the money it seems to work fine.

lol - that's very complicated!

Presumably if you just spend <880k (while purchasing 2 bull centaurs) it'll calculate the team rating right without sacking your players for you?

Edit: plus I guess this means the bull centaur pricing isn't completely broken, which is a good thing ;)

pmcc

PostFri Oct 19, 2012 9:37 am

Ok, gonna get a small patch ready today to fix all the issues :mrgreen:

Imploded

PostFri Oct 19, 2012 9:55 am

It's all great BUT Bull Centaurs with bugged Break Tackle? Meh.

danton

PostFri Oct 19, 2012 4:24 pm

Yeah pmcc, I think a lot of people that play both Dungeonbowl and BB:LE / BB:CE would really appreciate it if Break Tackle was made optional as per the CRP. This fix has been asked for a long time now and in theory should not be hard given that many of the skills in the game can be made optional.

Is there something in the code that makes BT particularly hard to fix? It should ideally work a bit like the Diving Tackle dialogue, as you should get to choose if you want to use it after seeing the Dodge roll.
Previous

Return to News