[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
• View topic - Presentation of the Light College

It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 12:02 pm

Presentation of the Light College

THE END-ZONE : Discussions about official news.
  • Author

Jolly Roger

Presentation of the Light College

PostThu May 03, 2012 3:38 pm

Today we would like to present you the Light College :

Image The Light College

See larger image

Leitmotiv: “Our Norse players will help us win!”

Team: Doom Forgers

Team composition:

• Main Race : 0-16 Dwarf players
• Other Race : 0-6 Halfling players
• Last Race : 0-2 Norse players

The Doom Forgers were originally called the Tallow Candles, and were always near the bottom of the league, second only to the Black Widows. Sponsored by the Light Wizards, a group of spellcasters who have never really had the inclination to win, this Halfling team was onto a loser before it began – that is, until they held a recruiting drive.

After adding Dwarf and Norse players, and renaming themselves, they saw their fortunes increase dramatically, to a point where they won the 2482 Dungeonbowl final in a match against the Harlequins.

Moraiwe

Re: Presentation of the Light College

PostThu May 03, 2012 3:56 pm

Congratulations on posting yet another college we all knew about thanks to the Dungeonbowl rules. Any chance you'll be posting actual news at some point?

Also, thanks to your almost limitless player combinations, this team is essentially a Dwarf team + 2 Treemen( no loner on halfling trees)+Yhetee + one other Norse player. Hands up all who think this is good for the game.

My final critique - worst motto ever. "Our Norse players will help us win"... really? So all the other players don't do that?

jamesfarrell129

PostThu May 03, 2012 4:08 pm

Moraiwe wrote:Also, thanks to your almost limitless player combinations, this team is essentially a Dwarf team + 2 Treemen( no loner on halfling trees)+Yhetee + one other Norse player. Hands up all who think this is good for the game.

My final critique - worst motto ever. "Our Norse players will help us win"... really? So all the other players don't do that?

I'd probably take 2 blitzers over the yhetee - then within 2 skills you get 2 frenzy POMB monsters with reasonable MA.
So yeah, that would probably help them win.

As an aside, next time I create a Norse team on FUMBBL I'll probably steal that motto...

douglowe

PostThu May 03, 2012 4:18 pm

Are the posters on the French-language section of the forum this negative too? Or is it a purely British problem?

Moraiwe - there is a lot more to Norse teams than Yhetee (indeed the Yhetee would be far down my list of players to take - far better to take runners or werewolves instead). Likewise stunty is going to be a lot more useful in the close confines of the dungeon - Treemen will be useful for blocking corridors or guarding key teleporters, but with only 6 players starting on the pitch, and only one more coming on per turn after that, I don't think I'd take more than one, if any.

Moraiwe

PostThu May 03, 2012 5:01 pm

My concern is the ability this team has at simply parking the bus in front of the end zone(could be dungeon-dependant, but aren't the endzones quite small compared to standard BB?). I can see how runners or werewolves could be better than a Yhetee, paricularly as I've just realised you have access to the Deathroller for your loner player.

As for the British-French comparison, I wouldn't know - I'm an Italian living in Australia. I tried to put some ideas forward as to how to generate excitement about Dungeonbowl (see page 5 of "Cyanide, so sell me on this then..." thread), but they've continued along the same route. There's nothing new here, hence my disappointment.

Deletio

PostThu May 03, 2012 7:48 pm

The french are not so negative, but the english section is far more active.
Some french journalist have seen DB today. I'm testing it tomorow in Cyanide's studio. I don't know yet what I'll be allowed to say about it.
Some news in the article : DB should be available in jun (by download only) ; the price will be around 15 € ; max dongeon size : 127 squares by 127 (my translation may be bad on this...) ; the dongeons can be dangerous (pits, lava, etc).

Quindia

PostThu May 03, 2012 8:20 pm

No way I would field two players with Take Root in a dungeon.
The King of Coinjock

Strongarm_Armstrong

PostThu May 03, 2012 9:33 pm

"Our Norse players will help us win!”

WTF team motto FTW! :)

Darkson

PostThu May 03, 2012 10:48 pm

Quindia wrote:No way I would field two players with Take Root in a dungeon.

Why? They're actually very good - just stick them in the room with the EZ and bingo - great defense.
Halflings actually do well in DB.
I'd love to play Blood Bowl on the PC, but I want a FULL version, not some bugged, incomplete one.

Home of the ARBBL

jamesfarrell129

PostThu May 03, 2012 11:23 pm

Agreed... I reckon a treeman taken root in a corridor would be a right nuisance, in fact probably the best place they could do so.

I can just imagine the forums now once this game goes live... college X in dungeon Y are so over-powered cos I can't get past the two treemen sat in the way to the endzone.
Next

Return to News