[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
• View topic - Pre-order Dungeonbowl to gain early access!

It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 2:44 pm

Pre-order Dungeonbowl to gain early access!

THE END-ZONE : Discussions about official news.
  • Author

Rogue

Re: Pre-order Dungeonbowl to gain early access!

PostFri Jun 01, 2012 12:46 am

The download was going great, right up to 40%, and now it's crawling.

~500Kb/s down to 20Kb/s :( Guess the servers aren't coping with the load too well.

MILLANDSON

PostFri Jun 01, 2012 1:07 am

Rogue wrote:The download was going great, right up to 40%, and now it's crawling.

~500Kb/s down to 20Kb/s :( Guess the servers aren't coping with the load too well.

If you're using the fast download option, it's a torrent, so it depends on how many other people are seeding too.

Ugnash

PostFri Jun 01, 2012 1:10 am

Files uploaded now installing :)

Torg

PostFri Jun 01, 2012 4:44 am

I downloaded the game from the links in the email, Norton security deleted it once I tried to install it, said it was high risk :roll: (you think that Cyanide would be able to code a game so it's not confused as a virus, or whatever). Anyway, was able to restore it and get it to install. Activation code worked fine, but when I started the game, it asked me for a player code, didn't get one in the email, what's up with that?

RobertJPowell

PostFri Jun 01, 2012 6:04 am

Torg wrote:I downloaded the game from the links in the email, Norton security deleted it once I tried to install it, said it was high risk :roll: (you think that Cyanide would be able to code a game so it's not confused as a virus, or whatever). Anyway, was able to restore it and get it to install. Activation code worked fine, but when I started the game, it asked me for a player code, didn't get one in the email, what's up with that?

The player code is at the very bottom of the e-mail with the download links in red. (or at least it should be)

As for the anti-virus software issue - it's what is known as a false positive. Cyanide should have contacted the major AV providers and notified them off the game..

azrael71

PostFri Jun 01, 2012 8:20 am

Torg wrote:I downloaded the game from the links in the email, Norton security deleted it once I tried to install it, said it was high risk :roll: (you think that Cyanide would be able to code a game so it's not confused as a virus, or whatever). Anyway, was able to restore it and get it to install. Activation code worked fine, but when I started the game, it asked me for a player code, didn't get one in the email, what's up with that?

Yep I get the exe completely blocked by AVG :(

Ugnash

PostFri Jun 01, 2012 8:52 am

azrael71 wrote:

Yep I get the exe completely blocked by AVG :(

I got this and was advised (thanks Chel) to make the DB.exe an exception by going into AVG's advanced settings.

However, I finally managed to get one match last night at about 2am in which I could hardly move any of my players. My one blitz throughout the entire game took a full 2 mins to perform :cry:

Gonna try it out on hot seat later today to see if there are wrinkles I can work around through options...

MILLANDSON

PostFri Jun 01, 2012 10:15 am

Yea, AVG seems to disagree with BB in general, in my experience. Just lots of false positives and causing lag. Switched to Avast, and no more problems, so I believe AVG is the cause.

Waldorf

PostFri Jun 01, 2012 11:08 am

Ugnash wrote:However, I finally managed to get one match last night at about 2am in which I could hardly move any of my players. My one blitz throughout the entire game took a full 2 mins to perform :cry:

This sounds more like a problem with network latency and perhaps UDP packets and firewall interaction than a duff installation or a failure in the C++ runtime libraries. If the code was broken (even the extra library) then it wouldn't have moved at all.

Torg

PostSat Jun 02, 2012 1:57 am

RobertJPowell wrote:The player code is at the very bottom of the e-mail with the download links in red. (or at least it should be)

Unfortunately it isn't there, only the activation code as I stated earlier.

Haven't got any reply other than they received my customer service request, so looks like I'll miss out on a weekend of DB gaming. So much for pre-ordering to get to play the game early. :roll:

I'm thinking of just asking for a refund and not worry about being able to play the game, but that probably work as well as asking for the player code has. ;)
PreviousNext

Return to News