[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
• View topic - Pre-order Dungeonbowl to gain early access!

It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 11:28 am

Pre-order Dungeonbowl to gain early access!

THE END-ZONE : Discussions about official news.
  • Author

RobertJPowell

Re: Pre-order Dungeonbowl to gain early access!

PostSun Jun 03, 2012 11:50 am

Torg wrote:Tried it a couple more times just to see and it finally worked (not sure what the problem wass the times it wouldn't work).

The only problem I've been having now is that anytime I try to play an online match, I always get disconnected. :roll:

I assume this is a common problem, still sucks.

It is, but I would assume you've done the normal and opened the ports suggested in the manual. If you have, it seems DB is plagued with the same problems as BB

Torg

PostSun Jun 03, 2012 5:16 pm

Haven't read the manual, so haven't opened any ports. Just start the game normally and go from there, no changes have been made.

Don't play BB online anymore, but when I did, I never noticed any problems with getting disconnected (maybe I was just lucky).

So am I just unlucky, or is there some way to "fix" the constant disconnect problem. Kind of useless to buy an online only game that you can't play online because it won't stay connected.

MILLANDSON

PostSun Jun 03, 2012 5:24 pm

Check the ports required to play, they're listed in the Tech Support forum.

Torg

PostMon Jun 04, 2012 5:02 am

Last time I tried, it finally worked without changing anything (kinda strange).
Had my first game, but experienced a crazy bug. My opponant was in position to score in my endzone, but did a block on one of my players near his endzone first. I believe my player got pushed into his endzone from the block and was counted as scoring (so I won the match). Hope they fix the reported bugs soon (but this is Cyanide, so who knows). :roll:

ashrid

PostMon Jul 02, 2012 11:34 pm

Jolly Roger wrote:The game will not be Steamworks but you'll be able to enter the game key to add it to your game list and use the Steam features, like for example the chat.
Otherwise, the Steam and non-Steam versions will be exactly the same. :)

Activating a download key on Steam doesn't appear to work - I get Invalid Product Code

Teutatis

PostTue Jul 03, 2012 11:14 am

Jolly Roger wrote:The game will not be Steamworks but you'll be able to enter the game key to add it to your game list and use the Steam features, like for example the chat.

How exactly do we add the game key to Steam?

Entering my Key for 'Activate a Product on Steam' results in the product code not being valid.

Can you shed any light onto this please?
Pound for pound, has less Dakka-Dakka than your average player

DeToX86

PostTue Jul 03, 2012 3:55 pm

I think you misunderstood his post. In Steam, you can add non-steam games to your "library" and this allows you to use some Steam features. It is not the same as buying the game on Steam and you will not be able to use Steam to PLAY the game.

When your friends look at your status, it will say "In non-Steam game Dungeon Bowl." So essentially, you can use chat and let your friends know what you are up to, but that's about it. I'm almost certain the only way to get the game on Steam is to buy it through Steam. Hopefully they will confirm this for you.

Jolly Roger

PostTue Jul 03, 2012 5:20 pm

I can confirm what DeToX86 said. You can add Dungeonbowl to you non-Steam games list. So you'll be to use some Steam features (like the chat for example). But the Steamworks features are not available in normal digital version.

ashrid

PostTue Jul 03, 2012 8:57 pm

Jolly Roger wrote:I can confirm what DeToX86 said. You can add Dungeonbowl to you non-Steam games list. So you'll be to use some Steam features (like the chat for example). But the Steamworks features are not available in normal digital version.

Unfortunately Dungeonbowl's own support page contradicts you

http://uk-cyanide.gamesplanet.com/faq_s ... 57?id=7082

Beside which this seems pretty clear cut

As adding a non-Steam game to Steam doesn't require a key

If I can't activate the CD key in Steam I will be asking for a refund so I can purchase the game through Steam as I only purchased prior to the Steam release based on the fact that it was stated here I could register the key with Steam
Previous

Return to News