[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
• View topic - Presentation of the Jade College

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:50 am

Presentation of the Jade College

THE END-ZONE : Discussions about official news.
  • Author

douglowe

Re: Presentation of the Jade College

PostTue Jul 31, 2012 10:26 pm

csbear wrote:I agree here... For the third race and loner I don't understand what the design thinking was.

I suspect the thinking was that Cyanide didn't want to mess too much with the original teams, even though situations like this don't make any sense (and so they avoid raising the ire of the GW lawyers I guess). It is a shame and a missed opportunity to do more with the teams, but I'm still looking forward to getting to play with the gobbo's secret weapons when I'm back at my computer.

Darkson

PostTue Jul 31, 2012 11:27 pm

douglowe wrote:I suspect the thinking was that Cyanide didn't want to mess too much with the original teams, even though situations like this don't make any sense (and so they avoid raising the ire of the GW lawyers I guess).

Which would all be very plausible and sensible, apart from the fact they've already made two major (and larger than changing the trolls) changes to other rosters.
I'd love to play Blood Bowl on the PC, but I want a FULL version, not some bugged, incomplete one.

Home of the ARBBL

Evilstein

PostTue Jul 31, 2012 11:34 pm

.... and they already broke the positional limit from the rules, see the PDF. 0-2 Thrower 0-4 Blitzer 0-2 specials etc..

Brihaspati

PostWed Aug 01, 2012 12:51 am

Jade is so much better than Grey at low TV that it's not even funny.

douglowe

PostWed Aug 01, 2012 5:59 pm

Darkson wrote:
douglowe wrote:I suspect the thinking was that Cyanide didn't want to mess too much with the original teams, even though situations like this don't make any sense (and so they avoid raising the ire of the GW lawyers I guess).

Which would all be very plausible and sensible, apart from the fact they've already made two major (and larger than changing the trolls) changes to other rosters.

The changes were to swap the positions of races within the teams. I agree these changes which will a have larger in game influence than modifying the trolls would - but in terms of the core bloodbowl ruleset they are smaller changes than, say, removing loner from the trolls.

Darkson

PostWed Aug 01, 2012 6:02 pm

I didn't mean changing the stats, they could (for example) changed trolls to ogres as the 3rd race. Just leaving "as is" was not a sensible plan.
I'd love to play Blood Bowl on the PC, but I want a FULL version, not some bugged, incomplete one.

Home of the ARBBL

douglowe

PostWed Aug 01, 2012 8:40 pm

Darkson wrote:I didn't mean changing the stats, they could (for example) changed trolls to ogres as the 3rd race. Just leaving "as is" was not a sensible plan.

Ahh, true. That would have made much more sense.

Lancaster Matt

PostTue Aug 07, 2012 2:54 am

Just played my first game with Jade. - won by a fluke!

Did have problems with my ball and chain (must move 3 times or you can't move other players)

Also could never find how to force my bombadier to throw the bomb.

Can anyone help me there (They haven't updated the guide)

Brihaspati

PostTue Aug 07, 2012 3:53 am

To activate the bombardier, you have to either left-click on the bomb icon and then right-click on the square you're aiming for, or right-click on the icon and then left-click to select the square. At any rate, both mouse buttons are used. I find it a bit clunky, but that's probably because I'm all thumbs.

Also, bear in mind that the program will always ask you whether you want to re-roll an inaccurate throw. Don't worry about the bomb scattering, the only kind of outcome that is potentially worth a re-roll is a fumble (a 1 or less on a throw before or after modification), because in that case the bomb lands at the bombardier's feet (i.e. in his square), knocking him down and causing a turnover.
Previous

Return to News