[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
• View topic - Presentation of the Jade College

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:26 am

Presentation of the Jade College

THE END-ZONE : Discussions about official news.
  • Author

Silmael

Presentation of the Jade College

PostMon Jul 16, 2012 12:10 pm

And here is the famous all-green wave of the Green Destroyers from the Jade College

Image The Jade College

See larger image

Leitmotiv: “Prepa'r for uz ta smash ya!”

Team: Green Destroyers

Team composition:
Main Race : Goblins (0-16)
Other Race : Orcs (0-6)
Last Race : Trolls (0-2)

The Jade College is represented by the Green Destroyers, an all-green-skinned team. They are currently holding the record for the most players lost into the Time Stream. The goblins staying on the teleporters are helping a lot for this. In a match they managed to lose the whole team except for a troll who ended up by surviving thanks to his regeneration and inadvertently scoring!

booncabal76

Re: Presentation of the Green College

PostMon Jul 16, 2012 1:31 pm

Shame you couldn't have had snotlings too.

That would've been fun.

spubbbba

PostMon Jul 16, 2012 1:46 pm

I think this is the most balanced team that has been released so far and I like that they are properly themed rather than being a random assortment of teams bodged together. This team could happily exist in normal Bloodbowl like a greenskin underworld team if you limited the 6 potential Orcs to 0-2 linemen, 0-2 throwers and 0-2 blitzers.

I fear this means they will be one of the weakest as the tertiary race is pointless since the primary race (goblins) can already take 0-2 trolls and as they all have loner you can’t have more than 2 anyway.

Has it been decided how fanatics will interact with walls yet? They are bound to collide with them so will that be treated as just moving forward, hitting a player with stand firm so not moving, or like going into a trap so rolling for injury?

Oh and good point about snotlings, how about making them the tertiary race?

douglowe

PostMon Jul 16, 2012 1:46 pm

booncabal76 wrote:Shame you couldn't have had snotlings too.

That would've been fun.

Yeah - snotlings would have been interesting as the 0-2 pick I reckon.

Given that there's no troll team in the game now - and that both Orc and Goblin teams have access to trolls as their standard players - I'm intrigued to know what difference having trolls as the 0-2 position will make. Will the trolls in this position have loner removed (as the ogres in the grey college are likely to be)? If not then there's little point including them in that position.

That all said - I'll be getting this team as soon as it comes out - I can't wait to play with the chainsaws & bombs! :twisted:

douglowe

PostMon Jul 16, 2012 1:50 pm

spubbbba wrote:Has it been decided how fanatics will interact with walls yet? They are bound to collide with them so will that be treated as just moving forward, hitting a player with stand firm so not moving, or like going into a trap so rolling for injury?

There was an issue with sidestep and walls, which has now been fixed - I assume that this fix will also make sure the fanatics wont move into the wall. From a game play sense I'd like the effect of running into the wall as being that the fanatic has to make a 1-die block against himself (which would make getting block *very* important ;)), but I expect that it'll just stop at the wall. I'll take one in my first team and let you know how it goes :)

Gaixo

Re: Presentation of the Jade College

PostMon Jul 16, 2012 7:11 pm

Yeah, I have been wondering how trolls and minotaurs would be handled as races unto themselves. I'm really excited to play these guys, even if they might have a hard time standing up to the other teams.

Quindia

PostThu Jul 19, 2012 6:43 pm

douglowe wrote:Will the trolls in this position have loner removed (as the ogres in the grey college are likely to be)? If not then there's little point including them in that position.

Really have been concerned about a tertiary race with no options other than a big guy. It limits choices considerably. Base goblin team per CRP lets you field one of each special weapon, goblins, or two trolls (w/loner). Orc team lets you field normal Orc list with 0-4 goblins (um..) and 0-1 troll (w/loner). So what exactly is the Troll team as a tertiary choice?

Goblin main
2 Trolls ----------------------220,000
Chainsaw Looney------------40,000

Orc secondary
4 Black Orc Blockers-------320,000
2 Orc Blitzers----------------320,000

Troll tertiary
2 Trolls------------------------220,000

Without rerolls, I am 960,000.
The King of Coinjock

Evilstein

PostFri Jul 20, 2012 12:12 am

4 Big Guys.....Another bad game balance made by Cyanide....it's a shame....

BloodSkull

PostFri Jul 20, 2012 1:10 am

Gaixo wrote:Yeah, I have been wondering how trolls and minotaurs would be handled as races unto themselves. I'm really excited to play these guys, even if they might have a hard time standing up to the other teams.

Like they were during versions 2 and 3. Big guys were considered races of their own and only would be hired for certain teams with the trait loner. The fact that the Grey College got a way better upgrade to its team, considering you have 4 loners and can only pick two which makes the Troll Race absolutely useless considering Gobbos back in the day did not have dedicated Trolls on their team, with 4 big guys and a lot more useful journymen than the human lineman.

This is the problem when you take old ruleset and cram them with new rulesets you get garbage teams that no one will buy except for the fact they get placed with a better team in the same package. The only benefit to this team is that you can take a shotgun to the team and not feel bad about their genocide (you'd be doing them a favor). In the older versions at least they had a chance, little more challenging, but not bent over hot coals challenging.

Quindia

PostThu Jul 26, 2012 3:22 am

Evilstein wrote:4 Big Guys.....Another bad game balance made by Cyanide....it's a shame....

There is an ogre team in Bloodbowl- Trolls without loner aren't overpowered.
The King of Coinjock
Next

Return to News