[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
• View topic - Dungeonbowl Summer Sale!

It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 8:29 pm

Dungeonbowl Summer Sale!

THE END-ZONE : Discussions about official news.
  • Author

Jolly Roger

Dungeonbowl Summer Sale!

PostFri Jul 20, 2012 4:15 pm

To celebrate the summer sale and the launch of the first additional content for Dungeonbowl, you can get 30% off when buying Dungeonbowl until next sunday!

If you don't have the game yet, or if you want to recommend it to a friend, it's a great time to join the community!

VIEW THE OFFER

katadder

Re: Dungeonbowl Summer Sales!

PostFri Jul 20, 2012 4:58 pm

so wait, the game is sold out until sunday? yet you can get 30% off it until sunday?
bit confused.

BloodSkull

PostFri Jul 20, 2012 5:14 pm

No more importantly how do you sell out a game that you download over the internet after buying?

Jolly Roger

PostFri Jul 20, 2012 5:25 pm

Sorry for the confusion, yes you can get 30% off until sunday. It is corrected.

theferretero

Re: Dungeonbowl Summer Sale!

PostFri Jul 20, 2012 6:51 pm

But that joke is this, buy a beta 20 days ago and now sell € 6 cheaper, I will return the money spent, stunning marketing cyanide, they will give me the DLC free , o pay a week later whit discount

ashrid

PostMon Jul 23, 2012 8:54 am

Nice kick in the teeth for the early adopters

Reed

PostMon Jul 23, 2012 9:24 am

Dungeonbowl was released on June 8th for 15 euros. On July 20th it was temporarily put on sale for 10 euros. If one thinks of the price difference as rent or paid pre-release access, one got to play the game for 1,5 months before others for the price of 5 euros.

To get the advantage of having that amount of time to practise and get experience in the ins and outs of Dungeonbowl and to get to enjoy the game in the company of other early adopters before others get in is worth more than that to me.

I think very many people would jump at the chance to pay 5 euros to get exclusive 42-day access to Battlefield 4 or Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 4. They'd probably beg for the chance to pay 10 euros for the priviledge.

I don't think it's a kick in the teeth for the early adopters. It's quite normal to have a brief discount sales some time after a game release when you want to boost flagging public awareness of your game and grow the number of people playing your game. It's actually a benefit to both us early adopters who hopefully get new people to play with and for the developer who gets more sales to pay for their expenses and to be able to support the continued development of the game.

A discount at this point is just a way of advertising the game. It doesn't take anything away from the people who bought the game earlier.

Let's be proud of our early adopter status! In coming decades, when we sit before a blazing hearth we can tell our grandchildren that we were there before the great summer sales of 2012. We were the few, the proud, the ones who didn't need a discount to own and play Dungeonbowl! We fought in the great Death Roller wars, we coached a Rainbow College team on the Prison map before it was nerfed, we saw random victories, we had Star Players with no skills and still we won! We were there, and we're not sorry.

Silmael

PostMon Jul 23, 2012 12:04 pm

Thanks, Reed, we mainly went for this discount since it was the end of the summer sales (not only on Steam but also in France). That's why we decided to go for a discount.

Coach Jester

PostMon Jul 23, 2012 12:31 pm

Reed wrote:Let's be proud of our early adopter status! In coming decades, when we sit before a blazing hearth we can tell our grandchildren that we were there before the great summer sales of 2012. We were the few, the proud, the ones who didn't need a discount to own and play Dungeonbowl! We fought in the great Death Roller wars, we coached a Rainbow College team on the Prison map before it was nerfed, we saw random victories, we had Star Players with no skills and still we won! We were there, and we're not sorry.

Classic :lol: :lol: :lol: and a great way to look at it
i agree 100% :D

i cant wait to tell my kids that back in my day i had to walk 20 Km in the snow bare foot every day to get to a computer in the mountains to play my DB games ;) :lol:

Roi Lorcan

PostMon Jul 23, 2012 1:17 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

+1 Reed ;)
Rejoignez le NAF Tour et disputez les 4 tournois majeurs contre les équipes légendaires ! (cliquez sur la bannière ci-dessous)
Next

Return to News