[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
• View topic - Presentation: The Rainbow College

It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 11:50 am

Presentation: The Rainbow College

THE END-ZONE : Discussions about official news.
  • Author

Darkson

Re: Presentation: The Rainbow College

PostSun Apr 22, 2012 10:14 pm

Siam wrote:Visually we were bounded to respect the WH lore in BB and DB.

Why? Jervis has said on numerous occasions that BB isn't WH.

And even if you do have to keep it pre-dominately white (which the Harlequins are) that doesn't mean they have to be all-white - that's just lazy.
I'd love to play Blood Bowl on the PC, but I want a FULL version, not some bugged, incomplete one.

Home of the ARBBL

booncabal76

PostMon Apr 23, 2012 12:56 am

Yup, I suspect the original bland colour scheme was more to do with the person allocated as an artist for the rules getting an F in Art.

You have a team called Harlequins.

It's crying out for colour.

Surely if GW thought about it they would look at that old art work, admit its utterly shit, and let you come up with something more approrpaite. :D

Darkson

PostMon Apr 23, 2012 8:54 am

booncabal76 wrote:Yup, I suspect the original bland colour scheme was more to do with the person allocated as an artist for the rules getting an F in Art.

Probably more to do with 99.9% of the art budget going to 40K and WFB, and someone (Pete Knifton?) getting asked to do these in his lunch hour.
I'd love to play Blood Bowl on the PC, but I want a FULL version, not some bugged, incomplete one.

Home of the ARBBL

spubbbba

PostMon Apr 23, 2012 12:21 pm

They were rather limited with colours as the colleges of magic already used the 3 primary colours (red, blue and yellow), 3 secondary colours (orange, green and purple) plus the 3 shades (Black, grey and white). So that does not leave a lot of choice left.

I have always associated High Magic with silver rather than white, but I don’t think it would be very easy to reflect that in graphics without making it too similar to grey. The only distinctive colours missing I can think of are brown, turquoise and pink. Actually as the team is elves, flings and humans you could go pink if they were Bright Crusader, fair play style humans. :D

I think it would be nice if you could choose to use 3 colours on the team, say shirts, shorts and shoulder pads. But there would be limited choices based on the college used so the Bright college would have to have shades of Red as their main colour and avoid cold colours like light blue.

saintpaul

PostMon Apr 23, 2012 2:38 pm

booncabal76 wrote:Surely if GW thought about it they would look at that old art work, admit its utterly shit, and let you come up with something more approrpaite. :D

Gold!!

Darkson

PostMon Apr 23, 2012 5:25 pm

spubbbba wrote:They were rather limited with colours as the colleges of magic already used the 3 primary colours (red, blue and yellow), 3 secondary colours (orange, green and purple) plus the 3 shades (Black, grey and white). So that does not leave a lot of choice left.

Not really - the Rainbow College was magic undivided, so used all the colours. I don't expect something like the old 40K Harlequins (which were great schemes for static models, but would be horrible on the screen!), but something more than this - with all the colours available it shouldn't be bland.

Home of the ARBBL

saintpaul

PostMon Apr 23, 2012 10:27 pm

Just thinking...Do these teams really even matter? Being multiplayer only I don't see myself playing any of these fluff teams, as I will always be playing my own custom made team against a human opponent with a similar team

jbecks

PostTue Apr 24, 2012 4:53 pm

cool,you get to kill halflings and elfs at the same time! :D 8-)

gimladesh

PostWed Apr 25, 2012 8:42 am

saintpaul wrote:Just thinking...Do these teams really even matter? Being multiplayer only I don't see myself playing any of these fluff teams, as I will always be playing my own custom made team against a human opponent with a similar team

Has it been stated that we will be able to use custom teams? I'd love to hear a yes for this. As written certain teams such as Lizardmen, don't belong to any given college. With the pictures for the college of Rainbow Wizards using the same sprites without even a uniform upgrade from their basic blood bowl counterparts, I'd like to be able to play with any of the models/teams that already existed in legendary edition. Not going to hold my breathe on that one, but I figured I'd double check if this has been stated.

On Rainbow College specifically, has it been stated weather big-guys are blockers or if alternatively they can only be accessed if your team has 0-2 access to them specifically? Looking at the dungeon bowl rules I couldn't figure it out. Since we're dealing with up to possibly 3 tree men fighting with the Rainbows one way and zero the other it's worth asking. Since I see no big guys on their bench I can only assume they can't get them, but I figure the best way to know is to ask.

jamesfarrell129

PostWed Apr 25, 2012 9:44 am

gimladesh wrote:Has it been stated that we will be able to use custom teams? I'd love to hear a yes for this. As written certain teams such as Lizardmen, don't belong to any given college. With the pictures for the college of Rainbow Wizards using the same sprites without even a uniform upgrade from their basic blood bowl counterparts, I'd like to be able to play with any of the models/teams that already existed in legendary edition. Not going to hold my breathe on that one, but I figured I'd double check if this has been stated.

From the French forum: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=63&start=0#p540

According to babelfish this translates as:
Games Workshop would disapprove that. They are with horse on this type of things.
So its a no, because GW are horses ;)

On Rainbow College specifically, has it been stated weather big-guys are blockers or if alternatively they can only be accessed if your team has 0-2 access to them specifically? Looking at the dungeon bowl rules I couldn't figure it out. Since we're dealing with up to possibly 3 tree men fighting with the Rainbows one way and zero the other it's worth asking. Since I see no big guys on their bench I can only assume they can't get them, but I figure the best way to know is to ask.

I'd love to get an answer on this (and whether the wardancers count as blitzers or specials...) but no-one seems to want to answer that one :(

Would also be interested to know whether the limit on 2 "special" players means 2 overall in the team, or 2 of each type. e.g. for the dark elves, they have what would appear to be 3 'special' players (witch elves, assassins, runners), so would only be able to choose 2 from any of these (bye bye runners and assassins)? Or 2 of each?
PreviousNext

Return to News