[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
• View topic - The Grey College and Jade College are there !

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:43 pm

The Grey College and Jade College are there !

THE END-ZONE : Discussions about official news.
  • Author

wednesday

Re: The Grey College and Jade College are there !

PostThu Jul 26, 2012 6:29 pm

Wot no Paypal?!?!?!

Seriously tho, I've worked on the internet for a very long time. And I am pretty sure if I can't trust Play Station Network not to get hacked, then I can't trust Cyanide's shop of enthusiastic programmers. Sorry.

I really, really want to give you my money. But I'm f*cked if I am typing in my credit card details into any old random e-shop.

No.

Reed

PostThu Jul 26, 2012 6:42 pm

If it's of any assurance to you, Gamesplanet (the web shop Cyanide uses) has this to say on their FAQ page:

"Do you ever see my credit card info?

No, never; only the payment services we use see your card information so that they can actually take the payment. We use Bibit from the Royal Bank of Scotland and Paypal to process our payments. All the pages on our site where you need to enter personal or credit card information are 128 bit SSL secured."

Do you trust the Royal Bank of Scotland over a web shop?

Quindia

PostThu Jul 26, 2012 6:42 pm

wednesday wrote:Wot no Paypal?!?!?!

Seriously tho, I've worked on the internet for a very long time. And I am pretty sure if I can't trust Play Station Network not to get hacked, then I can't trust Cyanide's shop of enthusiastic programmers. Sorry.

I really, really want to give you my money. But I'm f*cked if I am typing in my credit card details into any old random e-shop.

No.

Games Planet is a reputable site Wed. It always makes me /sigh when ppl complain about using their credit cards on the internet. When you go into a restaurant or swipe your card at the pumps to buy some gas are you afraid of that too?
The King of Coinjock

wednesday

PostThu Jul 26, 2012 6:47 pm

I am an IT manager from a web development background. So I know my area here.

Just this Monday we have taken legal action against a payment agency for not taking proper care of customer personal information. The problem is that a chain is only as strong as it's weakest link.

And the Paypal chain is put to the test many millions of times on a daily basis. There doesn't seem to be any sense whatsoever in not including it as an option.

EDIT: And Quindia - it depends. I'd go and use my credit card at my local cinema/fast food chain, yes. But would I go around the corner and use it in a local take away shop? No. I would not. I'd go and find the nearest cash point (in a wall, in large bank, that looked safe) and take money out of the wall, and use that.

katadder

PostThu Jul 26, 2012 7:37 pm

dont know why you cant just put it on steam or allow paypal payments. my payment gets refused

Darkson

PostFri Jul 27, 2012 8:45 am

Reed wrote:Do you trust the Royal Bank of Scotland over a web shop?

No! :lol: :lol: :lol:
I'd love to play Blood Bowl on the PC, but I want a FULL version, not some bugged, incomplete one.

Home of the ARBBL

Reed

PostFri Jul 27, 2012 9:18 am

Darkson wrote:No!

Whoops! Not very confidence-building, that. Well, at least "Stephen Hester, RBS's chief executive, was forced to pass on a £2m bonus as a result."

This part of the article is especially interesting: "The FSA is already investigating how RBS's routine software upgrades went so badly wrong and it is expected to hit the bank with a substantial penalty in what would be the first fine levied for an IT failing. News of the fresh wave of difficulties will only compound the bank's difficulties as management desperately try to put it on a firm footing and exit the Government's "asset protection scheme". "

So, an incoming fine and they're already in financial difficulty. Oh dear. The practical effect on their customers so far has been this: "many RBS customers are enduring new problems with their accounts. Some customers reported that their debit card payments were being turned down, while others found their online banking was not working properly

The state-owned bank refused to say how many people were affected, admitting only that it was "experiencing difficulties" and "working hard" to resolve them.

When RBS experienced technical difficulties last month, customers across the UK were locked out of their accounts. A small number in Northern Ireland were still facing difficulties a month after the problems emerged"

Maybe Gamesplanet would like to look into a new banking partner?

Maybe RBS's technical problems are also behind the refused payments some of us have experienced?

Isha

PostFri Jul 27, 2012 9:22 am

So, just for the records.

though doing all the things that the might "anti fraud" team asked, and after having answered to 4-5 different emails, my order got cancelled without explanation and the customer service stopped communicating :D

Tried again buying it with my visa and master card, but both cards are refused.

It seems in France even the idea of the possibility of someone living abroad its a scary one. :mrgreen:

katadder

PostFri Jul 27, 2012 4:21 pm

having similar problems as I currently live in portugal but my cards are from the UK

DeToX86

PostFri Jul 27, 2012 5:12 pm

My credit card company froze my card when I tried to buy DB. I tried to buy it in the morning and kept getting denied. Eh, no biggie I'll just get it later. Went to lunch, run card, *declined*!!! That was damn annoying. Had to call my CC company and get it straightened out. So annoying. I don't even know if I'm going to *attempt* to buy the new DLC. Most of the time when I log on to play there is 1-3 people online.
PreviousNext

Return to News