[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
• View topic - Dungeonbowl will include a dungeon editor!

It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 8:54 pm

Dungeonbowl will include a dungeon editor!

THE END-ZONE : Discussions about official news.
  • Author

Jolly Roger

Dungeonbowl will include a dungeon editor!

PostFri Apr 20, 2012 11:27 am

Thanks to a cleverly designed set of floor tiles, the original Dungeonbowl boardgame allowed a player to build his own dungeon for a game. At the end of the match, the tiles could be stacked up and used to build a completely different dungeon for the next game. Given that the layout of the dungeon is a key element in this underground version of Blood Bowl, we believed it was necessary to offer the same freedom of design in our video game adaptation.

Official dungeons created by Cyanide's Dungeonbowl team offering all the fun of the Dungeonbowl, will be included in the game.
However, the real enjoyment will come from those settings floor plans created using the dungeon editor. Players will be able to design the most Machiavellian of layouts, combining different playing surfaces, walls, decorations, assorted items… and share it online.

By offering a dungeon editor in Dungeonbowl, we wished to let the collective imagination of the Dungeonbowl community run wild creating endless dungeons to play Blood Bowl in!

I leave you with some new screenshots :

spubbbba

Re: Dungeonbowl will include a dungeon editor!

PostFri Apr 20, 2012 5:26 pm

This is great news, the make up of the dungeon can have a huge difference on the game so this will allow for some great customisation. I hope any MM will be random as I’d like to avoid the situations in some strategy games where certain players only use maps that they have a big advantage on.

The screenshots look good too as there is plenty of space and not too many bottlenecks.

Ugnash

PostFri Apr 20, 2012 5:51 pm

spubbbba wrote:This is great news, the make up of the dungeon can have a huge difference on the game so this will allow for some great customisation. I hope any MM will be random as I’d like to avoid the situations in some strategy games where certain players only use maps that they have a big advantage on.

The screenshots look good too as there is plenty of space and not too many bottlenecks.

+1 - especially re the space and apparent lack of bottlenecks.

I had hoped for a dungeon designer but hadn't really thought it would happen so really happy to hear this :)

Zunova

PostFri Apr 20, 2012 5:59 pm

Excellent News!

Q1. How do we share our modified dungeons with each other? Will the game do it automagically?

Q2. Can you choose NOT to share or have to download other peoples dungeons?

Q3. Whats the average file size of each dungeon?

Darkson

PostFri Apr 20, 2012 9:43 pm

Good to see you've listened to the posts about this.

Now here's hoping for an AI (even if it is poor)...
I'd love to play Blood Bowl on the PC, but I want a FULL version, not some bugged, incomplete one.

Home of the ARBBL

MILLANDSON

PostFri Apr 20, 2012 10:05 pm

Darkson wrote:Now here's hoping for an AI (even if it is poor)...

Since they've already announced that it's online multiplayer only, and you replied to them in that thread... you already know the answer to that.

Darkson

PostFri Apr 20, 2012 10:08 pm

But there wasn't going to be an editor either, so I can live in hope.

You even leap to their defence when their not been attacked. :roll:
I'd love to play Blood Bowl on the PC, but I want a FULL version, not some bugged, incomplete one.

Home of the ARBBL

gimladesh

PostFri Apr 20, 2012 11:48 pm

This is great news! Is there a way for leagues, assuming you have them, to have a preset pool of maps to use?

Siam

PostSat Apr 21, 2012 5:41 pm

Darkson wrote:Good to see you've listened to the posts about this.

There will be no AI in Dungeon Bowl.

Darkson

PostSun Apr 22, 2012 10:20 pm

Siam wrote:
Darkson wrote:Good to see you've listened to the posts about this.

There will be no AI in Dungeon Bowl.

I hope a modder can hack it to use the BB AI then*, as I can't see this surviving as a MP-only game.

*Though I expect this is waaaaay out of the normal range of a hack-job. :(

Home of the ARBBL
Next

Return to News