[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
• View topic - Dungeonbowl will include a dungeon editor!

It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 12:28 pm

Dungeonbowl will include a dungeon editor!

THE END-ZONE : Discussions about official news.
  • Author

MILLANDSON

Re: Dungeonbowl will include a dungeon editor!

PostMon Apr 23, 2012 12:50 am

Darkson wrote:But there wasn't going to be an editor either, so I can live in hope.

You even leap to their defence when their not been attacked. :roll:

No one ever said there was no editor, so you are plucking that from your rear.

You have just make up stuff and ignore what has actually been said so you can complain and naysay as ever. You complain about the AI in BB, and now you complain when they decide to focus on the multiplayer, which many people said they should have done with BB... people like you should just make up your minds :roll:

Darkson

PostMon Apr 23, 2012 8:45 am

I thought they said in an earlier post that the dungeons were going to be fixed. If they didn't, then I apologise, and I take back any nice thing I said about them listening. :roll:

As for the AI, yes, I complain that it's crap, but that doesn't mean there shouldn't be one - should it be improved - hell yes, but a crap AI is better than no AI.

Without an AI (even a crap one) this game will sell poorly (compared to BB), and will be used as an reason to scrap support for BB (which is what GW did when people stopped buying the shite 3rd ed figs and brought WFB to convert/3rd party figures).
I'd love to play Blood Bowl on the PC, but I want a FULL version, not some bugged, incomplete one.

Home of the ARBBL

A-r-c-h-o-n

PostMon Apr 23, 2012 9:06 am

There is always the possibility, that they add an "online"-AI. That way you will play your games just like against an normal opponent, but against an AI, that runs on the server.

When doing it that way, they could improve the AI without updating the clients. But there is only so much that can be done with given resources and if that means, that the game starts with NO AI (online or offline), that's fine with me...

Silmael

PostMon Apr 23, 2012 10:13 am

Zunova wrote:Excellent News!

Q1. How do we share our modified dungeons with each other? Will the game do it automagically?

Q2. Can you choose NOT to share or have to download other peoples dungeons?

Q3. Whats the average file size of each dungeon?

Sorry I did not see this earlier.

All this is quite simple. You have created a dungeon and you want to use it in a match, the game will automatically download it on your opponents computer. Cutomized dungeons won't be available through matchmaking so you will have to play against a friend. But we will sometime pick dungeons created by the community and flag them as official dugeons, so that they could be used in matchmaking.

The community's dungeons will be hosted online and they are public. You don't have to download them all, but they are automatically shared.

Concerning the average size of a dungeon, it will really depend on the size of the dungeon itself. But it won't be heavy since you will already have textures and models.

jbecks

PostMon Apr 23, 2012 8:42 pm

Silmael wrote:
Zunova wrote:Excellent News!

Q1. How do we share our modified dungeons with each other? Will the game do it automagically?

Q2. Can you choose NOT to share or have to download other peoples dungeons?

Q3. Whats the average file size of each dungeon?

All this is quite simple. You have created a dungeon and you want to use it in a match, the game will automatically download it on your opponents computer. Cutomized dungeons won't be available through matchmaking so you will have to play against a friend. But we will sometime pick dungeons created by the community and flag them as official dugeons, so that they could be used in matchmaking.

The community's dungeons will be hosted online and they are public. You don't have to download them all, but they are automatically shared.

Concerning the average size of a dungeon, it will really depend on the size of the dungeon itself. But it won't be heavy since you will already have textures and models.

Silmael will leagues be able to create a standard dungeonto use for all the same matches for that matchday to make it fairish in a league? that way each team in the league will all play in that same layout dungeon.

for instance, im just going to use Letters to illustrate a mock dungeon layout

Match Day 1 Dungeon = H
Match Day 2 Dungeon = T
Match Day 3 Dungeon = P
etc
etc

MattDakka

PostMon Apr 23, 2012 11:02 pm

Silmael wrote:

I like this idea!
ImageImage

Silmael

PostTue Apr 24, 2012 9:34 am

jbeck : I am not sure exactly how this will work yet, so I cannot tell whether there will be soething like this that will work automatically. But, I think anyway, it is a question of league management.

If all the league's coach knows in which dungeon they have to play each day, it is fine. I will let you know when I will have more information on this matter.

MILLANDSON

PostTue Apr 24, 2012 10:06 am

Silmael wrote:jbeck : I am not sure exactly how this will work yet, so I cannot tell whether there will be soething like this that will work automatically. But, I think anyway, it is a question of league management.

If all the league's coach knows in which dungeon they have to play each day, it is fine. I will let you know when I will have more information on this matter.

If you could, could you find out if the league admins would be able to set a specific dungeon when they create a private league, or even set a different dungeon for each match day?

Thanks Silmael!

slothMD

PostThu Apr 26, 2012 9:45 pm

Darkson wrote:I thought they said in an earlier post that the dungeons were going to be fixed. If they didn't, then I apologise, and I take back any nice thing I said about them listening. :roll:

They said no randomly generated dungeons. Which is a shame, but of course doesn't preclude an editor.

Moraiwe

PostThu May 03, 2012 3:02 pm

Without a single player mode, won't testing your created Dungeons will be somewhat tedious?
PreviousNext

Return to News